m-commerce represented just 3% of the $260 Billion e-commerce market in 2011 and is expected to account for 25% of e-commerce sales by 2015, according to estimates from eMarketer. Apptive is a mobile commerce app developer that enables SMBs to make mobile apps for advertising and loyalty initiatives.
Apptive was Co-Founded by Chris Belew (CEO) and Jason Jaynes (VP Product & Marketing) in February 2011. The company raised $1 Mn through Seed Funding in December 2013, bringing its total to $1.4 Mn.
The Apptive EasyApp platform is a DIY (Do-It-Yourself), web-based service that requires no coding for the creation, management and measurement of mobile apps.
This video gives you an overview of Apptive:
Some features of their platform:
- EasyApp enables users with the ability to upload their logo, custom backgrounds and other important branding elements.
- It gives them control over everything from typography to button colors so that users can create the best experience for their customers.
- Users can customize their app's splash screen & homepage icon. This will let customers get a feel for the brand before they even use his/her app.
- EasyApp enables users to highlight their business with photos of services, products, storefront and even employees or events.
- It lets users modify all categories, descriptions and messaging within their app. EasyApp also enables users to modify their app design anytime, anywhere with their web-based EasyApp management console. When changes are made, the apps update automatically.
As for Pricing:
“With close to half of time spent on e-commerce sites coming from smartphones and tablets, online merchants understand the importance of taking their stores mobile,” Chris Belew, Apptive’s co-founder and CEO, said in a statement. “Prior to Apptive, developing a native m-commerce app meant spending thousands of dollars and dealing with endless complexity.”
Apptive has established partnerships with Volusion, Bigcommerce, Shopify and 3dcart. The install count on Apptive’s platform for m-commerce apps has increased from 1500 in June to over 27,000 in December, marking a 1700% rise. Apptive already launched with 3dcart and Volusion in the first week of November. “Each partnership represents a chance for Apptive to become the go-to mobile commerce solution for thousands of online retailers,” says Belew.