On 9th April 2014, Verifone Systems Inc. announced that its network of channel partners offering GlobalBay Merchant to SMBs had expanded to 100 ISOs and acquirers. Of these, 30 were included in The Nilson Report’s list of top 100 ISOs in the U.S, according to the company.
The rapid expansion in the number of partners offering GlobalBay Merchant is due to increasing competition from merchant-direct mPOS solutions, which do not come with the expertise and support demanded by merchants, Verifone’s VP and GM, North America Financial Services Group, Shan Ethridge stated in a press release. GlobalBay Merchant enhances ISOs and acquirers’ offerings with a turnkey mPOS solution and support infrastructure that meets the needs of their clients—a competitive advantage validated by our quick achievement of this reseller milestone.
For Verifone Channel Partners:
- The company says that customizable mPOS solution tailored specifically for SMBs, GlobalBay Merchant is built for distribution solely via VeriFone channel partners.
- It provides ISOs & acquirers with secure, payment capabilities and defined interfaces, to ensure that vertical market or customer-specific programs can be rapidly deployed using tablets.
- It also provides a complete support infrastructure, including VeriFone’s 24/7 help desk and automated on-boarding processes.
- This customizable solution allows ISOs and acquirers to create their own pricing schedules and configure their own unique mPOS offerings capable of routing transactions to all major processors.
- GlobalBay Merchant also features tokenization & secure encryption for enhanced payment security.
- It can integrate with VeriFone terminals, including those with consumer-facing multimedia capability.
- This ensures access to the latest payment technology, including EMV adoption, mobile wallets and value-added services.
The company says that GlobalBay Merchant provides SMBs with advanced features that enable them to extend the POS beyond the counter and enhance efficiency, including:
- Support for multiple stores, multiple devices per store, and multiple employees.
- Easy to use, intuitive user interface that makes it fast and easy to train new personnel
- Tracking employee time, commissions, and tips.
- Adding and tracking inventory, scheduling appointments in-store or online.
- Sophisticated reporting capabilities, including multi-store consolidation, via a web portal.
- Access to value-added services and all major payment networks and payment processors.