Global payment technology provider, Adyen, announced on 22nd May 2014, that it was chosen by OffGamers, one of the world's leading online distributors of gaming products and services, to create a seamless online payment solution for its global community of gamers across Asia, Europe, the Americas and the Middle East.
"We are thrilled to enable fast growing companies like OffGamers to expand their international operations and make it possible for them to offer an optimized user experience," stated CCO of Adyen, Roelant Prins, in a press release. "Our robust and scalable global payments solutions will help OffGamers expand its already impressive international presence, enabling them to reach new gamers, game developers and publishers anywhere around the world," he added.
- OffGamers enables gamers to play more than 2,500 online games, and offers a wide range of services.
- This includes selling popular downloadable PC and console games, software decryption keys and in-game points for consoles, MMORPGs as well as social games.
- It also enables gamers to 'top up' or reload their game cards to purchase in-game currency or gaming points, or utilize OffGamers' Power Levelling Services, high-level account trading and asset-trading.
- Combined, OffGamers facilitates more than 1.2 Mn game-related transactions per month.
- OffGamers selected Adyen as its new payments partner for its broad geographic reach, including its ability to provide access to more than 250 preferred local payment methods and 187 currencies.
- The company also enjoys Adyen's sophisticated back-office payments analytics, and advanced risk management.
- It also leverages Adyen’s powerful payment management features that are increasing payment conversions, while optimizing processes and reducing costs.
- Adyen's back-office interface provides OffGamers with a consolidated view of its global payments operations - by country, payment method, product/service or other criteria - and great insights into chargebacks, declined transactions and many other payments-related data, issues and trends – says the company.
"One of our core values is to ensure the best experience for our gamers from around the world, whether they are playing the best online games or paying for one of our gaming services. We wanted to make our payments process easy while ensuring the highest level of security," said Leonard Chee, CEO at OffGamers. "Adyen's ability to offer a seamless global payment solution makes them a perfect partner as we expand our platform into new markets and channels."
Headquartered in Singapore, OffGamers was formed in 2004 to capitalize on the huge demand for online games and related services around the world. From its roots of selling virtual goods via eBay in 2001, OffGamers has since become one of the foremost gaming service providers, supporting more than 2,500 games and facilitating more than 1.2 million transactions per month for over 1 million users worldwide. The company has offices in Malaysia, mainland China, Hong Kong, Great Britain and the United States.
Adyen is a global provider of international and omni-channel payment solutions. Adyen holds full acquiring licenses for Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners, Discover and Union Pay schemes enabling its platform to process payments from any sales channels including online, mobile, as well as POS. The Platform is highly scalable and can be completely customized to meet any merchant requirement. Some of the high profile customers utilizing Adyen include Groupon, Indiegogo, Wix, TomTom, Graze, Farfetch, Badoo, SoundCloud, Mango, KLM, CityJet, i-Parcel and Vodafone. Adyen is headquartered in Amsterdam, with offices in London, Paris, Berlin, Stockholm, San Francisco, Boston, Sao Paulo, and Singapore. The company processed more than $14 Bn in payments transactions.