We have summarized this news for you:
- Bitcoin Wallet developers, Airbitz, announced that their software now supports Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) for Android. This feature already exists on its iOS version.
- Airbitz wishes to eradicate the use of QR codes for Bitcoin payments, which can be difficult for phone cameras in low light situations.
- Airbitz’s Bitcoin Wallet is an open source software that is secure, encrypted, and backed up. The wallet can be set up quickly to send or receive Bitcoin anywhere in the world.
- In October last year, Airbitz unveiled the technology for iPhone users that allowed them to pay each other in close proximity wirelessly via Bluetooth technology on its app– all without the need for pairing.
- With the new support for Android, the Airbitz protocol is now compatible between both Android and iOS devices.