December 4, 2015
GlobalCollect, an Ingenico Group company and the world’s most knowledgeable payment service provider, has done some analysis on their data from Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Here are some of the findings:
- After a dip last year, online sales are booming again; the total number of processed transactions was up 34% year-on-year.
- Black Friday growth continues to be driven by North America, where 2015’s e-commerce increased by 46% compared to 2014. But the phenomenon is gaining momentum in other parts of the world as well, particularly in Europe.
- However, Europeans are embracing Cyber Monday faster than Black Friday.
- Black Friday remained more popular than Cyber Monday.
- Cyber Monday is gaining popularity outside of the US.
GlobalCollect, part of Ingenico Group, is a global payment service provider. The company processes international e-commerce payments for more than 600 of the world’s most recognized e-commerce brands in the digital goods and services, travel, retail and video gaming industries, among many others.