The fourth edition of Open-F@b Call4Ideas is here, right now!
Open-F@b Call4Ideas 2017 is an international initiative promoted by BNP Paribas Cardif, one of the top 10 insurance companies in Italy, in collaboration with InsuranceUp, the first website in Italy dedicated to digital innovation and entrepreneurship in the insurance industry, and MEDICI, FinTech’s Global Knowledge Network, bringing together the community of close to 8,000 FinTech startups around the world. After addressing issues such as customer experience, customer acquisition, Big Data and IoT, this year's edition is focused on the most innovative frontier of the insurance industry, the Preventive Insurance.
Preventive Insurance will have a growing weight over the next few years. The estimated sales of wearable devices related to healthcare in 2019 will reach 245 million units – three times the number of devices sold in 2015. Moreover, the number of domestic smart devices will yearly grow +50% until 2019, by reaching between 500 and 700 million units in 2020. As far as mobility is concerned, the Italian market is one of the most mature on the front of cars connected, BNP Paribas emphasizes, with an annual growth in revenue in the period 2017-2022 expected to hit 24%.
This edition of Open-F@b Call4Ideas will award the three best ideas that can be realized in solutions of prevention, security and wellness for the new customers, with a particular focus on health, family, home and mobility.
Why you should apply for Open-F@b Call4Ideas now
The inventors of the most creative ideas, selected by a committee composed of executives of BNP Paribas Group and BNP Paribas Cardif, by academic professionals in the digital technologies area and by experts, will be supported by the BNP Paribas Cardif R&D team which will help them to develop the idea, taking into account the needs of the market and of the BNP Paribas Group. All finalists will present their proposals during the day of the final public event where the three most innovative ideas will be awarded by the Evaluation Committee. The winners will then be supported in the development and in the realization of their project.
There is more!
- All finalists will be included in the MEDICI knowledge platform, benefiting from visibility and marketing services for an amount equivalent to €1,500.00.
- Their project will be presented at C. Entrepreneurs, BNP Paribas Cardif Venture Capital Fund.
- With the fourth edition of Open-F@B Call4Ideas, the investments planned in four years, distributed among the winning projects, raise the amount of 400.000€.
The inventors of the most creative ideas (three winners) will be supported by the BNP Paribas Cardif R&D team which will help them to develop the idea, taking into account the needs of the market and of BNP Paribas Cardif.
Requirements for participants/proposed solutions
- Individuals who have developed even just an innovative idea in the areas of digital and technological innovation in the field of insurance, as well as solutions for prevention, safety, and well-being in the insurance industry.
- Developers and software house companies that are already working on projects among those listed above.
- FinTech startups (launched over the last five years) presenting innovative projects in the areas of interest described in the previous section.
- Technology providers who have been operating for more than three years, but with innovative projects in areas of interest described previously.
With the aim to select the most innovative ideas to speed up their implementation in the insurance industry, BNP Paribas Cardif is gathering proposals, solutions and ideas that will enable the development of consumer prevention, safety and well-being solutions. Open-F@b Call4Ideas 2017 is geared towards startups, technology providers, professionals, and students who propose:
- Predictive models with predictive analytics systems that allow predictive analysis to anticipate events, ensuring protection and well-being.
- Digital platforms, connected devices or services designed to prevent or mitigate risks, mainly focused on health, housing and mobility.
Source: BNP Paribas Cardif
Apply Now for Open-F@b Call4Ideas 2017 by BNP Paribas Cardif to build the tomorrow’s insurance on a new paradigm: Innovate to Prevent, Assist & Protect.
Proposals must be submitted before October 23, 2017.