Today (1st July, 2014) MasterCard announced that it has finalized the acquisition of Pinpoint Pty. Ltd – Leading Australian provider of loyalty and rewards services to financial firms across the Asia-Pacific region.
“At MasterCard, we are committed to providing cardholders and customers with topnotch innovative rewards solutions tailored to their interests and needs. With the completion of the acquisition, we will continue to focus on creating synergies to better serve our customers and cardholders,” stated the Asia/Pacific Region Group Head of Loyalty Solutions at MasterCard, Chris Fendley, in a press release. “And with Pinpoint’s growing presence across Asia Pacific, we are excited for what the future holds for our issuers, merchants and cardholders,” he added.
- Pinpoint was founded in Sydney in 1984, and has been developing innovative customer loyalty and incentive programs for over 30 years, says the release.
- Pinpoint offers a full suite of loyalty services such as point schemes, benefit programs as well as redemption services, among others.
- This acquisition will significantly strengthen MasterCard’s loyalty and rewards offerings, states the company.
- It further accentuates the credit card giant’s commitment to delivering unparalleled services to consumers, merchants and issuers.
- However, the financial terms of the deal have not been disclosed yet.
“This is a significant step for Pinpoint in further developing the business in the region,” commented Founder of Pinpoint, Kim Harding, in the same release. “Pinpoint’s deep experience in loyalty and rewards, coupled with MasterCard’s vast network and capabilities, will position the company strongly to grow customer relationships with exciting and innovative programs.”