December 17, 2015
As the year comes to an end, LTP brings to you the best moments of 2015 in FinTech. In 2015, the adoption of new technologies and innovations redefined the FinTech space. The journey for the players in the FinTech industry was a true roller coaster ride.
Next year is all set to be eventful as well, and we will keep doing what we do at Let’s Talk Payments.
[embeddoc url="https://letstalkpayments.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Best-Moments-in-FinTech_20151.pptx" viewer="microsoft"]
Major M&As and IPOs of 2015
- Visa acquired Visa Europe, a division Visa split off from ahead of the company’s 2008 IPO, for $23.4 billion. The company also acquired TrialPay, a leading payment technology company. Read more
- BBVA acquired Spring Studio for digital banking initiatives. Read more
- Early Warning acquired Authentify. Read more
- Prosper Marketplace acquired BillGuard. Read more
- ATM leader Diebold agreed to a $1.8 billion takeover of Wincor Nixdorf. Read more
- Mobile - Enabling Technologies payments company Square got itself listed in NASDAQ in November 2015. Read more
Launch of Various Brands XX Pay in 2015
- Android Pay: Android users will now be able to make contactless payments in the US. Google, in collaboration with the payment networks, has finally rolled out Android Pay. The service was launched in September 2015 and works on all NFC-enabled Android devices. ( ...