Tantrum Street, a provider of mobile wallet and apps for commerce has announced the launch of cartwheel register app for mobile payments. It works on the number recognition technology that detects and scans the digits directly from a customer’s plastic credit or debit card (sound like Flint). It can be used through a Smartphone or tablets camera field of view. The card number is read, encrypted, tokenized and transmitted to the appropriate payment processors. The app takes no pictures of the card and no card or primary account number information is ever stored on the device.
Dallas based Tantrum Street founded in the year 2011 by William Cervin founder and CEO of Tantrum street. It provides the users with solutions such as cloud based data and payments platform that power its products - Cartwheel register app and skip wallet, a free digital wallet and app for consumers. This is done by combining camera capture technologies with an accessible cloud backend. Cartwheel Register will be available for iOS devices in early-2014, with availability on Android and other platforms post that.
Tantrum Cartwheel provides the following benefits:
- There are no long-term contracts
- High on Compliance with PCI Security Standards Council Compliance for your business
- Transparent and flat transaction fees or bring your existing credit card processor
- Quickly set up your store through bulk SKU importing, or use of camera to scan barcodes
- Search and access cloud-based receipts at anytime, from any registered device
- Easy to understand analytics about your customers and sales
- Manage items on the iPhone itself - no iPad required
- Allows digital wallet payments with integrated loyalty using the Tantrum Street’s Skip Wallet
Similar to Tantrums Cartwheel the other app in mobile payments is Flint. Flint was founded by Greg Gold farb, recently Flint raises $ 6 million series B funded by Digicel Group with SVG Partners, Storm ventures and True Ventures. No credit card reader is required, and all that the user needs to do is just download the Flint app from the App store or Google play and start accepting credit card payments from your phone in minutes.