November 9, 2015
As bitcoin gained popularity in the FinTech industry, there have been two schools of thought regarding this virtual currency world. There are some users who are pretty confident and bullish about bitcoin, that the currency holds the potential of changing the FinTech environment. On the other hand, seeing the fluctuations and multiple security issues faced by bitcoin, the confidence level in bitcoin is diminishing among other users.
LTP has gathered some quotes from well-known personalities of FinTech Industry. These quotes are divided into two measures of scale. One part shows the positive things that have been said about this technology. The other shows the negative quotes that have been said over the past years about bitcoin.
Positive quotes about bitcoin:
1. "[Bitcoin] is a techno tour de force." - Bill Gates, Founder of Microsoft
3. I do think bitcoin is the first (encrypted money) that has the potential to do something like change the world." - Peter Thiel, Co-Founder of PayPal
5. "Bitcoin is a remarkable cryptographic achievement and the ability to create something that is not duplicable in the digital world has enormous value." - Eric Schmidt, CEO of Google
Negative quotes about bitcoin:
1. People were wasting their time with digital currencies such as bitcoin. This is my personal opinion: there will be no real, non-controlled currency in the world. There is no government that’s going to put up with it for long... There will be no currency that gets around government controls. - Jamie Dimon, CEO, JP Morgan
3. Unless you are addicted to volatile trading for the sake of trading, stay away from the bitcoin. - Steve Forbes, Forbes Writer
5. Bitcoin has a bad reputation. The decentralized digital crypto-currency, powered by a vast computer network, is notorious for the wild fluctuations in its value, the zeal of its supporters and its degenerate uses, such as extortion, buying drugs and hiring hitmen in the online bazaars of the dark net.- The Economist