On Aug. 4, 2014, iGlobal Stores, a provider of software for e-commerce companies, and global payment gateway BlueSnap announced a new partnership designed to enable merchants to reduce logistics costs, automate international tax and shipping calculations and meet local obligations – all while providing a seamless checkout experience in over 180 countries, with just a simple integrated checkout page.
“Merchants don't realize how complex payments and logistics can become when they move into the international arena,” stated Clint Reid, president of iGlobal, in a press release. “Our partnership with BlueSnap allows us to better minimize the difficulties surrounding global ecommerce and ultimately help merchants turn more shoppers into buyers.This is a simple integration that can eliminate an enormous number of roadblocks for online sellers."
- BlueSnap says the partnership with iGlobal is important for online merchants that are looking to minimize risks and maximize sales abroad.
- The partnership seeks to enable merchants to “overcome the barriers to international commerce and beat competitors to untapped markets.”
- BlueSnap says that a single checkout page will integrate its payment gateway with iGlobal's conversion-optimization technology.
- IGlobal can automate the aspects of international e-commerce with just two lines of code.
- At checkout, iGlobal can automate calculations of taxes, duties, shipping costs and clearance fees to ensure that users know exactly what payments they are making.
- IGlobal says its proprietary logic engine can also recognize restricted items or brand-relationship violations, guaranteeing that merchants steer clear of legal hiccups.
- IGlobal minimizes manual calculations, costly inaccuracies and legal risks.
IGlobal says its platform perfectly complements BlueSnap's global payment gateway, which enables merchants to dynamically generate local checkout pages in 30 languages, 60+ currencies and 180 countries, with 110 payment methods.
Merchants can easily provide localized checkout experiences, meet compliance standards and minimize transaction failures with little or no development required by using BlueSnap’s global payment gateway, according to BlueSnap.
"Cross-border shipping and logistics are complex, and our partnership with iGlobal provides simple and comprehensive solutions that help merchants sell all over the world," said Jeff Coppolo, senior vice president of global business development at BlueSnap, in the same release.
On June 19, 2014, BlueSnap announced that it had been selected by Magisto to support global sales with the help of its BuyNow hosted checkout page. Magisto is the developer of an award-winning video-editing app that has more than 35 Mn users.
Using BlueSnap, Magisto can support monthly subscription payments or one-time payments for users who prefer to pay per video. BlueSnap’s award-winning Smart Subscriptions technology enables Magisto to accept all forms of payment on a subscription basis.