The BotswanaPost has released a mobile application for payment of electricity bills. The BotswanaPost is one of the oldest public services in Botswana and is owned by the Government of Botswana. The inaugural launch of the mobile app will enable users to purchase prepaid electricity from their smartphones. The BotswanaPost app is currently only compatible with 3.0 and up Android devices. The app is free and available for download via Google Play.
“It is yet another proud moment for BostwanaPost as we continue to make life even easier for our customers”. - Lebogang Bok, Head of Strategy and Communications at BotswanaPost
The BotswanaPost is also looking at leveraging Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) to stimulate communication in the more rural areas of Botswana. Further development on additional capabilities into the app, like parcel mail and money transfer, which are primarily driven by electricity, are planned in the near future.
Another online payment option is PoSoOnline, which is a free online service provided by BotswanaPost and is available 24/7.
The system electronically controls all referencing ensuring that your payment is correctly allocated. There is no manual input which prevents human errors in capturing references. This also ensures that you receive proof of payment and continuous statement and payment history. Integrated management tools allow for both you and the Biller to view the same information for speedier resolution. Human error and payment delays are two of the most common reasons for erroneous termination of services – PosoOnline removes these risks.
Below are some notable PosoOnline Services Benefits, additional service info is available here.
- Convenience (24 x 7 x 365), no need to visit your customer care centre for a new/duplicate account.
- Faster, as you will receive your bill 2 weeks earlier than @ present.
- Full history of accounts, payments & electronic correspondence online.
- Reliable, guaranteed delivery with confirmation for each communication & payment.
- Increased security (no lost payments or accounts).
- Minimised risk of late payment actions as they are automatically tracked and reconciled with your biller.
- Email notification and reminder services for new accounts, payments due, etc.
- It is completely free.