Samsung Pay is scheduled to launch a month from today, September 28th in the U.S., as reported by LTP in two earlier articles. The general public will be able to complete transactions at the point-of-sale, with merchants that accept Near Field Communications (NFC) or Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST) payments by using Samsung Pay.
For users eager to try out this new, highly anticipated payment method, Samsung Pay is now in beta, by special invite only. Participants can sign up for the beta program online here.
Beta Participation Details
To participate in the Samsung Pay Beta, you must:
- Own a Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy S6 edge+ or Galaxy Note 5 with service from one of the carriers listed below
- Have an active Samsung Account
- Have a qualifying card* from Bank of America MasterCard and Visa, or U.S. Bank Visa
*Qualifying Cards include:
- Bank of America consumer credit, debit cards, small business debit cards (owner card only),
- Merrill Lynch consumer credit cards, U.S. Trust consumer credit, debit cards
- U.S. Bank consumer or small business Visa credit and debit cards, Elan Financial consumer or small business Visa credit card
If you believe “Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity” then be sure to read the LTP article Prepare to Samsung Pay: Tips for US Users, if you’ve been selected.