CiperCloud was founded in 2010 by Pravin Kothari (CEO). The management team consists of Mike Kochanik (Worldwide Sales), Kevin Bocek (Marketing), Tagore Boyella (VP & GM, IDC), Varun Badhwar (Product Strategy) and Dev Ghoshal (Field Operations). The company has received a total funding of $30 Mn through investors Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures and T-Venture.
CipherCloud enables organizations to adopt cloud applications in a secure manner through its cloud data protection solution. It protects enterprise data inside and outside the cloud without any impact on backend integration and application functionality. It overcomes data privacy, security, residency and regulatory compliance risks associated with cloud applications.
This video gives you an overview of their platform:
Some features of CiperCloud:
- Cloud Data Loss Prevention: It examines cloud content to prevent damaging leaks. Multiple enforcement options and policy-based encryption secure data are also enabled without interrupting the user’s business.
- Advanced AES 256-Bit Encryption: CiperCloud Secures data with high levels of protection that can only be unlocked by the user, whilst preserving the functioning & format of his applications.
- Key Management: CipherCloud enables the user to keep control of his data as the encryption keys never leave his organization. Compliance is ensured by enterprise key management tools.
- Tokenization: It substitutes randomly generated values for the original data to meet strict data residency requirements which never leave the user’s enterprise.
- Activity Monitoring: It tracks all user interactions across multiple cloud applications to generate detailed reports, audit trails and security dashboards.
- Cloud Malware Detection: CipherCloud stops viruses from entering the user’s network through the cloud with real-time scanning, quarantining, cleaning, and zero-day updates.
"People are worried about the security of their information when it's living in the cloud. CipherCloud allows them to effectively encrypt that information when it's out there. A normal employee can get the information appropriately, but if anybody tried to hack into the system, then all they would find would be encrypted data," said Scott Kupor, Managing Partner at Andreessen-Horowitz.
Some of the other companies operating in this space include Vaultive, AlephCloud, PerspecSys and Skyhigh Networks. Vaultive, founded in 2009, is a cloud security startup headquartered in New York. Its solutions enable organizations to realize cost savings, enhanced productivity and operational efficiencies of cloud computing. Vaultiv has received a total funding of $11 Mn till date.
CipherCloud boasts 2 Million users in over 30 countries for its cloud security software service currently.
This is a video of Marc Andreessen speaking on the future of Cloud: