Paysafecard.com, one of the world’s leading providers of prepaid solutions for online payments, and a member of the Skrill Group, announced on Aug. 12, 2014, that it now offers a prepaid MasterCard that gives Paysafecard users a broader range and choice of where they pay – according to their own circumstances and needs.
The card has the full functionality of a MasterCard and is topped up with Paysafecard credit to offer the advantages of a prepaid system and the strength of a credit card accepted worldwide. The product is available to all customers for paying offline and online at hundreds of thousands of stores. Even people without a bank account now have access to a credit card, because of Paysafecard.
- The costs are less than with conventional credit cards.
- There is a standard prepaid top-up fee of 4%, in addition to an annual fee of €9.99.
- Also applicable are ATM-cash-withdrawal charges and a fee for payments made in foreign currencies.
- Paying with the card is free of charge.
- Paysafecard MasterCard can be topped up only with Paysafecard, which is available at local sales outlets, such as newsstands and gas stations.
- It can also be used to withdraw cash from any ATM.
- Basically, with Paysafecard MasterCard, users without a conventional credit card can now enjoy all the benefits of cashless payments.
- This is especially true for products available only to credit-card holders, such as hotel reservations, online flight bookings, intercity train tickets and car rentals.
- In addition, several discounts that are available only when paying by credit card, such as discounts on overnight accommodation or on train tickets, are now available to everyone.
“Paysafecard MasterCard expands the paysafecard product portfolio enormously. Now, everywhere MasterCard is accepted, paysafecard can also be used to pay,” saidUdo Muller, CEO of Paysafecard.com, in a press release. “More and more users value prepaid cards allowing them to enjoy the convenience of paying by credit card while retaining optimal control over their finances. Paysafecard MasterCard is the perfect solution for anyone who wants to pay simply, quickly and safely online and offline, meaning both in shops and online shops, at more than 35 million acceptance points."
Paysafecard MasterCard is available to adults age 18 and over. For users age 16 and 17, the Paysafecard MasterCard Youth Card has been made available. This requires parental consent.