Cyberthreats Faced by Financial Institutions

Financial institutions deliver a vast amount of services to consumers and business. Trillions of dollars’ exchange hands daily to keep the world going. These institutions hold, invest and care for the wealth of large populations. Financial institutions form the backbone of our industrialized world. These institutions depend heavily on information technology systems and any form of disruption to these critical systems can severely undermine confidence and thereby result in loss of business and reputation to these financial institutions. As these institutions manage a lot of money, they are also a key target for cybercriminals.

Cyberattacks impacting financial institutions are predominantly focused on trying to scam people and get money from them. If pressed, I would say that 95% of these attacks are executed for direct financial gain. The other 5%? In most cases, organized hacktivists and other groups working towards hurting a financial institution, its brand, and its customer loyalty.

To financially gain from an attack on a financial institution, these bad actors are most likely looking to accomplish one of two things:

MOST POPULAR

To read this article, create a free account

Already a member? Log in


Annual Subscription

12-month access to 10,000+ insights, research reports, a database of 13,000+ FinTech companies, and a live global community.

$26/mo

TRY FREE FOR 7 DAYS

SKIP TRIAL

instant access to reports and global community along with donation to COVID-19 fund.

Quarterly Subscription

12-month access to 10,000+ insights, research reports, a database of 13,000+ FinTech companies, and a live global community.

$49/mo

TRY FREE FOR 7 DAYS

SKIP TRIAL

instant access to reports and global community

--------------- Reasons to buy ---------------

Understand the “Why” Behind the “What”

MEDICI offers data-driven, original, unique, and forward-thinking content to understand the “why” behind the “what”

10,000+ insights, 100+ research reports, and 1,000+ videos based on data, collected and processed by top-in-class researchers with over seven years of experience in the financial service industry.

Actionable Insights

We do not stop at the data; we analyze it and extrapolate actionable insights that shape and forecast market trends. All of our pieces are neutral, authentic, and unique – this means that you can’t read them anywhere else!

Data Visualization

We do also care about design. It’s why our infographics are the most-used ones in company reports and the most shared ones on social media.

Growing Proprietary Database of 13,000+ FinTech Companies

We have one of the largest databases with more than 13,000 company profiles listed across 60+ verticals! The database contains primary data collected in two ways:

Through our Global Listening Engine – a proprietary algorithm able to extrapolate and collect data across numerous sources

Directly from FinTechs – thanks to the onboarding flow through which companies can list themselves on the most used database for venture capital in the industry

Join the Largest Global FinTech Community

You will be added to our private WhatsApp Channel with more than 200 FinTech leaders across the globe, where we engage in discussions around various financial services topics daily. After a few clicks, you’ll get to know the whole community, including the MEDICI team – you can ask questions, suggest topics, and get behind-the-scenes insights

Q&A

What is MEDICI Inner Circle™?

MEDICI Inner Circle™ is the membership you need to freely access all MEDICI content, which includes insights, research reports, videos, startup knowledgebase, and the members-only community for live engagement.

What topics do you cover?

We cover more than 60+ sub-segments in FinTech – but we do not stop there; we also cover topics beyond FinTech, such as InsurTech, RegTech, PropTech, WealthTech, BankTech, AgriTech, and the enabling technologies enabling innovation such as AI, Blockchain, etc.

What do I get if I buy the membership? Is there a difference between being a free subscriber and being a member?

By becoming a member, you will unlock all the content on our website. A free subscriber gets access to only 5% of what we publish on the web-site. Paid members also get preferred access to our live events, and exclusive access to the members-only community for live digital engagement.

Do you have a discounted plan for students?

Yes. Please write to us at innercircle@goMEDICI.com.

Do you have an enterprise plan for corporates or groups?

Yes. Please write to us at innercircle@goMEDICI.com.

Do you offer refunds?

We offer a 7-day free trial during which you can access all of our data, insights, and analyses. You can cancel the subscription any time before the end of the free trial period. However, we do not offer refunds.

Unlock this article by signing up for MEDICI Inner Circle

--------------- OR ---------------