In a move to keep up with the competition and changing trends Dunkin Donuts had planned to launch its loyalty program on a mobile platform. This announcement was made to analysts in US during an earnings call on October 24, 2013. Earlier this week, the company came through with its promise by launching its national loyalty program - DD Perks Rewards.
Recently, I had written about Starbucks breaking records with its Mobile App. Almost 10 Mn consumers utilize the Starbucks mobile payments app to pay for their coffee, croissants and those blueberry chocolate balls. According to the company, they amount to a whopping 5 Million mobile payments every weeks. Dunkin Donuts seems to be treading in the footsteps of Starbucks with this program.
About the DD Perks Rewards:
- With DD Perks, users will earn five points for every dollar they spend on qualifying purchases at Dunkin' Donuts when they pay using an enrolled Dunkin' Donuts Card, either plastic or with the Dunkin' Mobile App.
- Once a user acquires 200 points, he obtains a coupon for a free medium beverage of his choice that is redeemable at any of the participating Dunkin' Donuts restaurants.
- In addition to this, DD Perks members will receive exclusive, personalized, special offers to earn bonus points for specific food and beverage purchases, throughout the year.
- Members can also share their free medium beverage reward coupon with family, friends and colleagues. Users can enroll themselves at www.DDPerks.com.
The DD Perks program is set to be integrated into the Dunkin’ Donuts app nationally, beginning in February. Once the program is live, DD Perks will be a part of the existing Dunkin Donuts mobile app, launched in 2012. The current app has the following features:
- Pay for purchases
- Receive offers
- Locate stores
- Send virtual gift cards
- Browse menu
- Receive social updates from Dunkin Donuts
"We are excited to launch our new DD Perks Rewards program to reward our guests for their loyal business in a fast and convenient way. We want to recognize our best guests for their allegiance to our brand by creating a robust loyalty program unsurpassed in QSR," said Dunkin' Brands president, John Costello. "Following the very successful launch of our Dunkin' Mobile App, our enhanced DD Perks Rewards program is an important milestone in our ongoing commitment to engage with our guests and provide a superior customer experience."