On 25th June 2014, it was announced that leading provider of information technology solutions for the hospitality and retail industries- Micros Systems Inc. - and Elavon, a leading global payments provider, have integrated their respective gateway and security products to deliver encryption as well as tokenization for the hotel and food & beverage industries.
"MICROS' innovations in payment processing are allowing us to add value to our clients, and expanding our capabilities with Elavon typifies our approach," stated the VP of ecommerce and Payments, Kevin King, in a press release. "Our integrated approach provides business owners with direct access to a simple-to-implement solution that puts businesses on the fast-track to data security," he added.
- This facilitates a secure environment throughout the entire payment transaction cycle, according to them.
- The integration work has already been completed for the MICROS OPERA hotel property management system (PMS) and the primary MICROS food and beverage point-of-sale (POS) platforms.
- Now, MICROS clients can take immediate advantage of a seamless, secure end-to-end process.
- This combines the existing cost-effective and cutting-edge payment card processing solutions from MICROS with built-in security features such as encryption and tokenization from Elavon.
Some benefits to clients:
- Opportunity to streamline PCI compliance process and reduce time and effort associated with maintaining compliance.
- Ability to consolidate multiple interfaces and certifications for electronic payment processing.
- Ease of implementation, service and support.
- This next generation payment environment is powered by the MICROS Payment Gateway and Elavon's Fusebox gateway solution.
- It is built upon decades of proven PMS and payment processing expertise, says the release.
- Robust scalability offers a great fit for businesses of any size with any number of workstations, according to them.
"At Elavon, we are highly focused on providing opportunities that help our clients grow. Offering an integrated payments approach with MICROS resolves a pain point for hoteliers, retailers and clients who face the complexities of managing a secure end-to-end payments process,” commented the EVP and Head of Business Development for Elavon, North America, Ian Drysdale, in the same release. “We can eliminate the headache so they can focus on delivering great client experiences."
Elavon is wholly owned by U.S. Bancorp and provides end-to-end payment processing solutions and services to more than 1.3 Mn customers in the United States, Europe, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and Puerto Rico. As a top provider for hospitality, healthcare, retail, and public sector/education, Elavon's innovative payment solutions are designed to solve pain points for businesses from small to enterprise-sized, states the company.
We wrote a lot about tokenization in 2013 highlighting its importance.