On 8th May 2014, leading global provider of CaaS (Commerce-as-a-Service) solution – Digital River Inc – announced an agreement with Morinda, a direct-selling company that markets health, wellness as well as nutritional products.
Digital River is recognized as a leading global provider of Commerce-as-a-Service solutions. Companies of all sizes rely on Digital River’s multi-tenant, SaaS commerce, payments and marketing services to manage and grow their online businesses. In 2013, Digital River says that it processed more than $30 Bn in online transactions, connecting B2B and B2C digital products and cloud service companies as well as branded manufacturers with buyers across multiple devices and channels, and nearly every country in the world.
- Morinda is utilizing the Digital River World Payments solution to build a localized European payments program.
- This includes its international payments gateway as well as credit card processing capabilities.
- This program will support online sales of its lifestyle products across Hungary, Russia, Lithuania, Latvia, Poland, the Czech Republic and Romania.
- The Digital River solution will offer online credit card payments in seven different local currencies, to Morinda users.
- This includes Hungarian forint, Russian ruble, Lithuanian litas, Latvian lats, Polish złoty, Czech koruna and Romanian leu.
“With a presence in more than 50 countries, we want to make connecting with our brand and global shopping as easy and convenient as possible for our customers,” stated the VP of sales for Morinda, Shon Whitney, in a press release. “We chose Digital River as our online payment service provider because of the unique combination of their e-commerce and payments expertise, strong track record in the direct selling industry, and extensive global footprint,” he added.
“Digital River has a successful track record supporting some well-known direct selling brands around the world. We are looking forward to playing an active role in helping Morinda advance its online sales strategy,” said the Sr. VP and GM of Digital River World Payments, Souheil Badran, in the same release. “One of the key objectives of our payments program is to support online merchants across business models and borders. We have the global reach and payments capabilities to help Morinda customize their payment transactions on an international basis, drive conversions and increase customer satisfaction.”