Exclusive Interview with the CEO of Pine Labs, Lokvir Kapoor

LTP recently got a chance to talk to the Chief Executing Officer of Pine Labs, Lokvir Kapoor.

LTP: How big is your company and who are your customers?

Lokvir: We managed 70,000 POS terminals in India at the end of financial year (March 2015) and have reached 100,000 terminals in August 2015. We plan to have 150,000 POS terminals by March 2016.

The company processed $5.5 bn worth of transactions in FY’15 (April 2014 to March 2015) and we expect to double the number this year. The company has a 12% market share by transaction value in the country where the total electronic transactions at POS stands at $50 bn in the same period. It is worth noting that 1.3% by volume and 10% by value of transactions processed by Pine Labs was through the EMI facility. At present, we generate 70% of our revenues through core payments, while the other 30% comes from value-added services.

We work with almost all major retailers such as Croma, Shoppers Stop, Arvind Stores, Big Bazaar, CCD, Cinepolis, Colorplus, Costa Coffee, D-Mart, Domino’s Pizza, Favourite Shop, Mahindra’s Babyoye, Hal ...

MOST POPULAR

To read this article, create a free account

Already a member? Log in


Annual Subscription

12-month access to 10,000+ insights, research reports, a database of 13,000+ FinTech companies, and a live global community.

$26/mo

TRY FREE FOR 7 DAYS

SKIP TRIAL

instant access to reports and global community along with donation to COVID-19 fund.

Quarterly Subscription

12-month access to 10,000+ insights, research reports, a database of 13,000+ FinTech companies, and a live global community.

$49/mo

TRY FREE FOR 7 DAYS

SKIP TRIAL

instant access to reports and global community

--------------- Reasons to buy ---------------

Understand the “Why” Behind the “What”

MEDICI offers data-driven, original, unique, and forward-thinking content to understand the “why” behind the “what”

10,000+ insights, 100+ research reports, and 1,000+ videos based on data, collected and processed by top-in-class researchers with over seven years of experience in the financial service industry.

Actionable Insights

We do not stop at the data; we analyze it and extrapolate actionable insights that shape and forecast market trends. All of our pieces are neutral, authentic, and unique – this means that you can’t read them anywhere else!

Data Visualization

We do also care about design. It’s why our infographics are the most-used ones in company reports and the most shared ones on social media.

Growing Proprietary Database of 13,000+ FinTech Companies

We have one of the largest databases with more than 13,000 company profiles listed across 60+ verticals! The database contains primary data collected in two ways:

Through our Global Listening Engine – a proprietary algorithm able to extrapolate and collect data across numerous sources

Directly from FinTechs – thanks to the onboarding flow through which companies can list themselves on the most used database for venture capital in the industry

Join the Largest Global FinTech Community

You will be added to our private WhatsApp Channel with more than 200 FinTech leaders across the globe, where we engage in discussions around various financial services topics daily. After a few clicks, you’ll get to know the whole community, including the MEDICI team – you can ask questions, suggest topics, and get behind-the-scenes insights

Q&A

What is MEDICI Inner Circle™?

MEDICI Inner Circle™ is the membership you need to freely access all MEDICI content, which includes insights, research reports, videos, startup knowledgebase, and the members-only community for live engagement.

What topics do you cover?

We cover more than 60+ sub-segments in FinTech – but we do not stop there; we also cover topics beyond FinTech, such as InsurTech, RegTech, PropTech, WealthTech, BankTech, AgriTech, and the enabling technologies enabling innovation such as AI, Blockchain, etc.

What do I get if I buy the membership? Is there a difference between being a free subscriber and being a member?

By becoming a member, you will unlock all the content on our website. A free subscriber gets access to only 5% of what we publish on the web-site. Paid members also get preferred access to our live events, and exclusive access to the members-only community for live digital engagement.

Do you have a discounted plan for students?

Yes. Please write to us at innercircle@goMEDICI.com.

Do you have an enterprise plan for corporates or groups?

Yes. Please write to us at innercircle@goMEDICI.com.

Do you offer refunds?

We offer a 7-day free trial during which you can access all of our data, insights, and analyses. You can cancel the subscription any time before the end of the free trial period. However, we do not offer refunds.

Unlock this article by signing up for MEDICI Inner Circle

--------------- OR ---------------