In every transaction that is carried out, the main features that a customer looks for is the simplicity and security of the transactions. Mobile point of sale has a huge potential for customers and small & large businesses. Handpoint MPOS is one such solution which seeks to increase the security of transaction and also decrease the complexity.
Established over 13 years ago, Handpoint specializes in payments on smartphones, tablets and Handhelds, therefore enabling merchants to accept all card payments (EMV and NFC). Handpoint provides a complete end-to-end payment solutions covering mobiles, tablets, PCs and a fully PCI-DSS certified payment bureau for both settlements and authorizations. The firm has a global customer base with several high profile brands as its customers. Handpoint also provides white label payment solutions to other financial institutions and processes around 200,000 transactions daily through their systems, equating roughly to around $10 Bn.
Handpoint is the world’s first provider of mobile Point of sale to have a P2PE application certified by the PCI Security standards council (PCI SSC). The company offers a simple and secure way to accept EMV card payments with a mobile device.
Some features of Handpoint’s platform:
- Previously mPOS take-up has been restricted by a one size fits all approach for micro merchants implying that apps fail to address the specific industry sector or localization requirements. By releasing the app code as open source, Handpoint has opened up mPOS for a wide scale of businesses.
- Handpoint was able to open source its apps following the recent PCI PP2E accreditation of its mPOS chips & PIN application.
- PP2E level security ensures that card data sits only on the highly secure Handpoint card reader and never within the app on the tablet or smartphone.
- Handpoint’ s PCI accredited MPOS reduces the burden of enterprise retailer to gain individual PCI accreditation, in terms of cost, time and this is the most secure way to introduce Mobile point of sale.
- It provides freedom to the developer to create customized payment apps with unique interfaces on a smartphone or tablet with high level security. This in fact enables the developer to become a part of Handpoint partner program and earn revenues.
- The flexibility it provides enables developers to meet the diverse requirements of any industry/market. It also allows for the rapid localization of mPOS across different countries with different languages and different taxation policies.
- The Handpoint chip & PIN API enable merchants to adopt easily across different mobile platforms and integrate MPOS with their existing checkout systems. API is also supported by an extensive software development kit (SDK).
- This is another important advantage which is freely available on the firm’s website and in fact enables merchants to use their existing checkout systems through current retail software providers thereby resulting in saving months of development time in the process.
"P2PE represents a significant breakthrough for the enterprise mobile payments market. We have utilised P2PE to overcome the barriers that have prevented enterprise retailers in Europe from embracing mobile payments; namely concerns over security, compliance and integration. Handpoint's PCI-accredited MPOS application reduces the burden on enterprise retailers to gain individual PCI accreditation, in terms of cost and time, and represents the most secure way to introduce Mobile Point-Of-Sale." said David Gudjonsson, CEO and co-founder of Handpoint. "Processing card payments on smartphones and tablets themselves is simply not secure enough for the enterprise market. P2PE enables us to provide a robust mobile payment solution, on PC and on mobile, in complex and demanding enterprise retail environments” he added.
Handpoint seeks to partner with businesses in the US that are preparing migrating to EMV. Players like Visa Europe and others have welcomed the validation of Handpoint’ s application as a significant step in delivering point to point encryption solutions and are expected to further strengthen the ties.