On 24th June 2014, Leading mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) device provider - Infinite Peripherals - announced that it has partnered with Digital Dining, in order to deliver exclusive mobile POS solution to Tarry Lodge Enoteca Pizzeria, based in Westport, Conn., and owned by B&B Hospitality Group.
“We had the choice between stationary POS terminals and handhelds in order to keep costs low, and, in the end, we decided that going exclusively with handhelds would offer the best customer experience and return on investment,” commented the director of information systems for B&B Hospitality Group, Maciej Wojcicki, in a press release. “Our results have been outstanding.”
Tarry Lodge, in conjunction with DD Mobile Digital Dining software, utilizes 12 Infinite Peripherals Linea Pro 4 devices for the iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4th generation, according to the press release.
Tarry Logy was created by famed chef Mario Batali and partners Joseph Bastianich, Andy Nusser and Nancy Selzer. It offers signature hand-made pastas, exquisite fritti and pizzas cooked to order on the restaurant’s famous wood-fired grill.
B&B Hospitality Group states that it engaged Digital Dining and IPC before opening the Westport location because they wanted to include an exclusive mPOS system within their operations.
After implementing the mPOS system, Tarry Lodge reported remarkable results:
- With Infinite Peripherals Linea Pro devices and the Digital Dining DD Mobile software, servers have the luxury of taking partial orders.
- With the combined solution, servers can approach a table, send an order for drinks to the bar and continue talking about food specials without leaving the table.
- Servers do not need to leave the table to send orders to the bar or kitchen, minimizing trips back and forth to the table.
- From start to finish, servers are able to work their tables more quickly and efficiently.
- At the end of the meal, the server can close the check and process the card without leaving the table.
- This has increased table turnover by an impressive 15 minutes, resulting in a gain of 45 minutes per night.
Improved customer service:
- B&B Hospitality Group prides itself on delivering the best service and leaving customers with a memorable – and delicious – dining experience.
- With DD Mobile software and Linea Pros, servers are even more engaged and are able to deliver an even better customer experience.
- Because credit cards can be processed in front of customers, they have greater comfort about their credit card information, as they never lose sight of their cards.
“We worked closely with Digital Dining to design the screen app the right way so that our servers could find the items they needed very easily. We also conducted extensive training with our servers to ensure that the handheld is a part of the entire service equation and is almost invisible – much like a magic trick – to our customers throughout their dining experience,” stated Wojcicki. “Our servers focus on the customers, not the device, and the system is designed perfectly with that goal in mind.”
“Tarry Lodge is an excellent example of how an exclusive mPOS system can deliver ROI and improved service to a restaurant,” commented the channel development manager at IPC, Victor Bobadilla, in the same release. “We’re thrilled that we were able to partner with Digital Dining to yield such great results for Tarry Lodge, and we look forward to working with more B&B Hospitality Group restaurants in the future.”