On 20th May 2014, leading prepaid product and transaction services company – InComm – announced the launch of InComm Mobile Platform (IMP) for mobile wallet providers as well as merchants.
IMP integrates with numerous platforms in order to provide capabilities required to process mobile payments made utilizing prepaid cards at retail POS. The platform also enables InComm to develop and host mobile applications for merchants and partners.
- Canadian communications and media company Rogers is the first company to leverage IMP for development of the recently launched Rogers Suretap wallet.
- IMP supports consumer payments based on NFC at the retail POS and account top-up via traditional debit and cards.
- InComm created a Service Provider Trusted Services Manager (TSM) solution through a technology partnership, enabling prepaid card information to securely pass from the issuing platform and then be provisioned on mobile devices.
- InComm says that their Mobile Platform acts as the hub for all inbound and outbound messaging requests related to the prepaid products in a mobile wallet.
- This incorporates integrations to InComm's internal systems and more than seven partner systems for switching and processing a wide array of transactions.
- This includes card reloads, card provisioning, buying and sending digital cards, and many other traditional consumer functions.
- The platform provides a wide array of reporting services for billing, reconciliation and customer analytics.
- InComm also provides prepaid card processing that manages the balances and transactions of card accounts.
- The prepaid processing platform supports the creation of prepaid debit card accounts, the generation of track data, the funding of accounts, balance inquiries as well as transaction history.
- InComm also provides fraud management services for monitoring unusual activity and addressing potential issues.
"As more consumers globally continue to adopt smartphone features and applications for a variety of everyday activities, mobile payment applications are becoming more prevalent, enabling individuals to easily pay for goods and services through the use of their devices. InComm Mobile Platform lets mobile wallet providers offer consumers a secure mobile payments system that allows easy access to their payment needs with a simple tap on a point-of-sale terminal,” stated Frank Monaco, Executive VP and General Manager of International at InComm, in a press release. “Our technology and partnership investments have allowed us to build a robust global platform that mobile wallet providers need for their brands to launch a solution that offers convenience for their consumers and drives brand loyalty."