BBVA Open Talent Program 2019APPLY
BBVA, one of the most progressive financial institutions in the world, launches the 11th edition of the world’s biggest FinTech Competitions – BBVA Open Talent 2019. BBVA Open Talent is an international competition that specializes in the FinTech sector and looks for solutions with the most disruptive potential in the industry. The competition’s focus is on identifying solutions that improve the way people and companies manage their finances.
This year, the bank is looking to partner with early-stage FinTech startups from across the world, which could bring value to its existing ecosystem through disruption.
Structure of the Open Talent Program
The Open Talent Program 2019 will be carried out in five phases:
1. Registration: The registration process involves startups applying to the BBVA Open Talent Program 2019, and is on between May 23 and July 5.
2. Evaluation of Startups: This will involve BBVA’s evaluation of startups based on the submitted proposals.
3. Announcement of Finalists:
On August 12, the national finalists will be announced on the BBVA Open Talent website.
On September 16, the three global finalists and the Sustainable Finance Special Award winner will be announced on the BBVA Open Talent website.
4. National Final: Finalists from each country will compete to be the National Winner. These competitions will be held at:
Spain (South Summit Madrid)
Mexico (FINNOSUMMIT Ciudad de México)
Other countries (BBVA Open Talks)
5. Global Final: The winners from each country, the Sustainability Special Award winner and the three global finalists will be invited to the BBVA Open Summit for presenting their projects. Furthermore, the three global finalists will also compete for the grand prize, i.e., the Global Winner. Tickets and accommodation for taking part in the BBVA Open Summit will be arranged by BBVA.
6. Online Training Program: The National Winner, Global Winner, and the finalists for Global Winner as well as the Sustainability Special Award Winner will have access to an online acceleration program and support from a BBVA mentor for four weeks.
- Global Winner: Out of all the startups participating, three finalists will be chosen to compete for the grand prize, i.e. 100,000 euros investment.
- National Winners: There will also be 9 national prizes (Spain, Argentina, Colombia, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, Turkey, Uruguay, USA) which will be given out to one startup from each country.
- Sustainability Special Award: For startups that are focused on bringing the benefits of digitization to the financing of the fight against climate change.
The National Winner, Global Winner, the finalists for the global winner and the Sustainability Special Award Winner will have access to:
- Online acceleration program and support from BBVA mentor for 4 weeks
- Three days of mentoring with BBVA experts in Madrid.