Investor Summit - “Deal Day” invites the best innovative FinTech startups to participate in the Investor Summit organized by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) during the Singapore FinTech Festival. Startups will get an opportunity to connect with some of the most renowned investors in the world via a personalized matchmaking process.
Qualified startups will be invited to the Demo Day on November 17 for a 1:1 session with the matched investors. EY will host a private reception for FinTech founders with a successfully concluded deal on that day. The investor summit is powered by EY and MEDICI, FinTech’s Global Knowledge Network.
Source: Investor Summit - “Deal Day”
All global FinTech startups looking to set up offices in Singapore are welcome to apply. With its business-friendly environment, access to expertise and strong support from the government, Singapore is ranked as one of the top FinTech hubs in the world. The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) has committed to investing S$225 million (US $165 mn) in FinTech projects.
Apart from government support, Singapore has the necessary infrastructure and talent, which makes it an attractive place for startups. Financial institutions are on the lookout to harness FinTech solutions to drive innovation. Local accelerators provide strong mentorship and networks to boost startups. Many startups leverage Singapore’s unique position as a launch pad into neighboring Asian markets.
Below are the criteria you need to fulfill as a FinTech before your submission for Deal Day can be considered. All submissions will be filtered in accordance with the requirements and submissions that meet the requirements will be put through the next stage.
Criteria for FinTechs: All global FinTechs looking to set up an office in Singapore are welcome. You’ll be required to provide the following:
- Company incorporation details
- Service/product offering
- Technology type used to support offering
FinTechs are not to divulge the identities of investor(s) that they have been matched with as a consequence of the ‘Deal Day’ channel/process.
Process for FinTech Startups
Benefits for Investors and FinTech Startups
As an established global knowledge network for collaborative innovation in the FinTech industry and a recognized thought leader, the MEDICI team strongly encourages startups to take part in a truly unique event held in one of the hottest FinTech hubs globally. Investor Summit – “Deal Day” offers an unprecedented platform for beneficial partnerships on a truly grand scale.
Submitting your profiles (Jul 18 – Sep 30)
- Startups are to submit their profiles for consideration.
- Qualified startups will be invited to participate in an anonymous survey that contributes to the EY-MEDICI ASEAN FinTech Census Study 2017/2018.
- Closing date for submissions is on September 30.
Processing your applications (Jul 18 – Sep 30)
- Startups will be classified into various categories and criteria required by investors.
- Successful applications will move to the matchmaking stage.
- Unsuccessful applications will also be notified.
Matchmaking (Sep 30 – Nov 16)
- A special algorithm will be used to facilitate matches between startups and investors.
- Both parties will be contacted to confirm whether they are interested to be connected with one another.
- Meetings/calls between matched startups and investors will be scheduled in the lead-up to the Deal Day meeting.
Deal Day (Nov 17)
- A Deal Day summit, which covers keynote presentations, startup demos, tech exhibitions and exclusive networking, will be held.
- Startups will have 1-1 sessions with matched investors.
- A private reception will be hosted for FinTech founders who have successfully closed deals on Deal Day.
Applications for the “Deal Day” close September 30, 2017.