Kabbee was founded in June 2011 and is based in London. The management team includes Justin Peters (CEO), Gavin Lachman (CFO) and Phil Makinson (Chief Development Officer). Kabbee has received a total funding of $9.02 Mn through investors Samos Investments, Pentland Group, Redbus Group, Ed Wray, Octopus and Simon Nixon.
“Kabbee is a market leading service that brings the benefits of comparison to minicab bookers while supporting the best firms and drivers within the fragmented £2bn London minicab market," said Simon King, Octopus Ventures. "We are excited about backing the strong management team at Kabbee and look forward to working with them and Kabbee’s other investors in the next stage of the company’s development.”
This gives you an overview of the App:
- Kabbee’s instant minicab price comparison and booking service is available as an iPhone app, Android App or on their website.
- The company has used its proprietary 30-point Accreditation Scheme to handpick 60 of the best minicab fleets in town.If you know a great fleet in your area, they’re probably working with Kabbee to provide access to over 4000 London minicab drivers, says the company.
- Their platform gives you an immediate price comparison of fares before you book, many of them exclusive discounts.
- You then make your selection and pay by cash, card or pre-paid account. You can create accounts for others so they can use Kabbee too. It saves you money and hassle.
- Kabbee says that it makes it simpler and quicker to book the right car for you because their location software finds you easily and their partners are based all over Greater London so there’s always a car nearby.
- Cab Hunter™ is an exclusive service for Kabbee account holders in a rush. If the best available quote has a pick up time greater than 20 minutes, the app will try to find an earlier cab at the same price.