March 10, 2017
Lending – a $1 Trillion market – is one of the key focus areas of 2017 for banks in India, because of a few key factors like:
1) Introduction of marginal cost of funds-based lending rate (MCLR) by RBI, subsequent cuts in MCLR and general lending rates by banks making credit more attractive;
2) Addition of a large number of new customer base with federal inclusive banking initiatives,
3) Healthy growth of NBFCs in credit space,
4) Rising market demand for ease of access, speed and transparency in lending processes, and
5) Increased focus on SMEs being the critical contributors to the gr ...