Swedish mobile payments provider Seamless is on a roll. In December 2013, Swedish mobile payments provider Seamless, had partnered with Swedish pharmacy chain Apotek Hjartat to help integrate its mobile wallet solution at the chain stores. And that was amongst the growing list of retailers for Seamless where SEQR is being accepted. Today (11th March, 2014) McDonald's Sweden has integrated the mobile wallet solution based on Seamless's SEQR solution.
Seamless was Founded in 2001 and is active in 30 countries. The company handles more than 3.1 Bn transactions every year through 525,000 active sales outlets. SEQR has seen wide adoption and is available at Sweden’s biggest grocery chains, fast food chains and national retailer chains including Apotek Hjartat, Ur&Penn & Hemköp.
SEQR is Sweden’s and Europe’s most used mobile wallet in stores and online. The video below talks about SEQR:
About their platform:
- According to Seamless, SEQR is the only mobile payment solution on the Swedish market that allows consumers to pay in stores and online.
- SEQR enables anybody with a smartphone to pay in stores, at restaurants, parking lots and online, transfer money at no charge, store receipts digitally and receive offers and promotions directly through one mobile app.
- Through the SEQR-app, the user scans a QR-code (or taps incase of NFC) and confirms with a personal pin-code.
- No information is sent between the mobile and the cashier which makes SEQR safer as a method of payment compared to cash or cards.
- Seamless says that its solution is Fast, smooth and safe.
- SEQR’s payment solution allows merchants to lower interchange fees significantly compared to those charged by traditional card companies.
- New Features were recently added to SEQR’s all in one solution. Users can now skip another card and connect merchants loyalty programs directly to the SEQR app.
- This is in addition to paying online/ in stores, make peer to peer transfers, redeem offers, save digital receipts, donate to charity and paying for parking.
- SEQR and McDonald's are initiating a campaign together offering users a Cheeseburger for 1 SEK (10 eurocent) when paying with SEQR.
"Today 65% of Swedes use a smartphone and many companies have developed their own apps in an attempt to meet consumer demand and create brand loyalty. However, these apps have until now not had the possibility of integrating the actual consumer payments,” said Anders Forssten, Global Marketing Manager at Seamless. “Like McDonald's, restaurants and other merchants have the opportunity to integrate SEQR in their apps. Online magazines, for example, can easily sell content directly to consumer via their mobiles,” he added.
"We always want to deliver the best service to our guests, both in our restaurants and in our app. The app already included information on offers and our menu, complete with nutrition and allergy information, and engaging campaigns,” said Kajsa Dahlberg, Head of Digital Engagement for McDonald's Sweden. “Now our Swedish guests can also make smooth and fast payments through the app."
A few months ago, SEQR was also deployed at McDonald’s restaurants in Belgium. This move was closely followed by appointment of 2 industry veterants to help assist Seamless in establishing its SEQR NFC and QR Payments Platform in the U.S. The new division in the states would be headed by payments executive Kenny Douglas and Former Giesecke & Devrient director Emilian Elefteratos.