On 22nd May 2014, Tim Hortons – one of the largest restaurant chains in North America and Canada - announced the launch of mobile barcode payments at restaurants across Canada and the US.
- Tim Hortons says that the barcode technology provides a quick, simple as well as secure scan-to-pay option at participating Tim Hortons branches.
- This is possible only after a prepaid Tim Card is registered on the company's well-liked TimmyMe App.
- Tim Hortons has also added industry-leading security features to this payment alternative for consumers.
- The new technology is available on Android, BlackBerry 10 and iOS.
- It is designed to improve speed of service as well as enhance the guest experience.
- This is part of their ongoing commitment to operational excellence and customer satisfaction - via mobile, online and in-restaurant, says the company.
- The TimmyMe App also offers guests several exciting features to help stay connected with the company.
- Users can find their favourite Tim Hortons menu item as well as reload their Tim Card on their mobile device.
"We're continuously working to implement best-in-class, customer-centric technology in our restaurants and the launch of mobile barcode payments enables us to offer the best overall guest experience," stated the COO of Tim Hortons, David Clanachan. "Enhancing our technology so that guests can store their digital Tim Card in their phone for quick and easy payments is an added convenience we know customers will enjoy."
TimmyMe is a free download available from the Google Play Store, BlackBerry App World as well as the App Store.