NoWait is an iPad application for restaurants that do not take reservations but who want to notify their patrons via text when their table is ready. In January 2014, the company announced its plans to expand the rollout of its mobile app to reach diners nationwide. NoWait also recently released an update that allows restaurants to integrate their reservations into the wait list application.
NoWait was founded in 2010 and is based in Pittsburgh, USA. The company has received a total funding of $4.04 Mn through investors including AlphaLab, Carnegie Mellon University, Birchmere Ventures, Sand Hill Angels and Innovation Works.
This video shows you how the NoWait App works:
Some features of their platform:
- Simplify Hosting: Turn the Host Stand into 1 Simple, Easy-to-Use iPad App.
- Waitlist: Walk-ins, Call-Aheads, and Reservations; Wait Timers, Seating Areas, Real-Time Stats.
- Table Management: Multi-Room Views, Table Timers, Easy Table Combination.
- Server Sections: Customizable Sections, Server Rotation Counts, Server Stats.
- Seat Faster With Team Hosting: By syncing the wait list across all devices, NoWait creates Team Hosting.
- Notify Guests Sooner: If you see a table on the floor that's opening up soon, you can just page a new party immediately instead of running to the host stand.
- Update the Host Stand Faster: Assign tables and page guests from the floor, and the host stand iPad is automatically updated in real time.
- Improve Guest Experience: Allow guests to wait remotely and they’re more likely to accept a longer wait.
- SMS Marketing: Create custom text marketing campaigns & connect with customers in real-time to drive repeat business.
As for Pricing:
"NoWait provides rich analytics about our waitlist, allowing us to make better decisions on managing high volume," said Jay Jerrier, Cane Rosso Pizzeria, Texas.
"We were losing a lot of pagers. NoWait eliminated pager loss and makes our operation more professional,"added Tom Williams, Hofbräuhaus Biergarten, Pittsburgh.