On 7th July 2014, leading global online payments provider – Optimal Payments – announced that it had become the official sponsor of Crystal Palace for the 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons of the English Premiere League.
“We are delighted to be the official sponsor of Crystal Palace and recognise similarities between our two organisations in terms of recent great performance and growth ambitions for the future. The Premier League attracts the highest global viewership in international sports, with an estimated global audience of 4.4 billion,” stated the President and CEO of Optimal Payments, Joel Leonoff, in a press release. “This sponsorship signifies an opportunity to support one of the league’s most exciting teams while promoting our innovative payment solutions worldwide,” he added.
- Optimal Payments stated that it will utilize the platform to raise the global awareness of its award-winning NETELLER service and Net+® Card stored-value offering.
- These will be displayed on the front of the team’s shirts from the start of the 2014-15 EPL season.
- Crystal Palace’s first game will be played on 16th August against the formidable Arsenal at The Emirates stadium.
- This makes NETELLER the First Premier League sponsor within the online payments space and provides the brand with the right synergy to achieve NETELLER’S marketing and commercial objectives quickly and cost effectively, states the release.
- It will support customer and merchant objectives delivering rapid multi-market brand awareness, big brand credibility and driving sign up and conversion rates in NETELLER’s key growth markets – including Asia; Africa and the Americas.
- Optimal Payments says that it currently processes approximately $15 Bn USD annually in over 200 countries and territories with over 100 types of payment and multi-currency options.
- The deal’s commercial potential is driven by the global passion for the Premier League.
- This includes live coverage by 80 international broadcasters televised action across 212 territories worldwide.
- The partnership was negotiated by sports marketing agency, SportQuake who will also assist in managing and delivering the global sponsorship campaign, according to the press release.
- SportQuake are sport marketing experts who specialise in helping consumer brands and rights owners to deliver commercial and cultural value through sport.
- In 2014 SportQuake has already completed over 100 football partnership deals including major transactions with all 20 EPL clubs.
“We are thrilled to have NETELLER on board and really excited at the prospect of working with them on the growth of its online payments business. As soon as we met the team they felt like the right partner for us and it was important for the vision of our Club to work with an exciting, multi-market consumer brand,” said Crystal Palace Chairman, Steve Parish, in a press release. “Both Crystal Palace and Optimal Payments have experienced tremendous growth over the last few years and I feel confident we can help each other to continue that path,” he added.
“The chance to partner NETELLER with the global reach of the Premier League is massively exciting in its own right, but what’s also important is the ability to work with merchant partners already operating in the Premier League space,” commented Executive VP of NETELLER, Lorenzo Pellegrino, in the same release. “This partnership gives NETELLER the platform to promote our services on a whole new level; putting it alongside major global brands like Barclays; Nike; Emirates; Samsung and General Motors.”