A couple of months back I had written a series of posts on Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games (MMORPGs) and their In-Game Cash shops. This included a lot of relevant data acquired from leading payment processing firm, Globalcollect. On 2nd July 2014, industry giants Ingenico announced that it had entered into exclusive negotiations regarding the acquisition of 100% of the share capital of GlobalCollect in a deal valued at $1.12 Bn (€820 Mn).
The acquisition of GlobalCollect would enable us to accelerate the implementation of our strategy across all channels, on a global scale, especially in payment services and mobile payment. This is a great opportunity to maintain our time-to-market advantage to rapidly reinforce Ingenico Group’s position as a global leader in seamless payment. As an example, it would be a real game changer in North America where we would provide payment solutions across all sales channels, beyond smart terminals. All in all, combining Ingenico Group and GlobalCollect would create a player with unrivalled geographical coverage, network of acquirers/banks and payment methods,” stated CEO of Ingenico Group, Philippe Lazare, in a press release. “And this would result in substantial value for our employees, customers and shareholders,” he added.
- GlobalCollect is based in Amsterdam and employs over 500 people globally. The company has developed a recognized payment expertise, notably in cross-border e-commerce, to enable most recognized brands to sell their products on line across the globe.
- GlobalCollect’s existing shareholders are led by Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe.
- Thanks to its secure, scalable, in-house and robust online platform supported by an experienced management team, GlobalCollect directly provides merchants with a comprehensive, cross-border one-stop-shop payment solution by acting as a hub to multiple other payment providers in 170 countries and providing an access to 150 local payment methods.
- During fiscal year 2013, GlobalCollect reported gross revenue of €305 million, net revenue of €111 million and adjusted EBITDAof €50 million, states the press release.
- According do Ingenico’s press release, this acquisition would represent a significant milestone in the execution of the company’ strategy.
- Rebalance the Group’s geographical footprint towards the North American market across the whole payment value chain, and strengthen access to APAC and LATAM high growth markets.
- Provide enhanced access to c.600 tier-1 online cross-border merchants with a strong footprint in digital goods and services.
- Enrich the Group’s value proposition to include electronic cash collection and settlement capabilities while significantly reinforcing its presence in the card not present space.
- Accelerate business model transformation towards payment services, with pro forma revenues from payment services expected to more than double to exceed €500 million
,” it states.
The planned acquisition by Ingenico Group is a perfect fit with GlobalCollect. Combining our global cross-border payment processing with Ingenico Group’s multi-channel services will create great opportunities for our clients, by reducing payment complexity across all channels and providing more payment alternatives to drive new sale opportunities,” commented CEO of GlobalCollect, Tom Staudt, in a press release. “This is an exciting time to be in the payment industry and an even more exciting opportunity for GlobalCollect to be part of such a world class organization as Ingenico,” he added.
This transaction will provide significant benefits to the employees, customers and shareholders of GlobalCollect and has the full support of our Supervisory Board,” stated Chairman of the Supervisory Board and general partner at Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe. Sanjay Swani, in the same release. “We are confident that through this combination, GlobalCollect will benefit from Ingenico Group’s strong support, enhancing its leadership position going forward.”
On 2nd April 2014, GlobalCollect – announced Elevate Data Services, a comprehensive Business Intelligence solution designed specifically for online payments and chargebacks. According to the company, Elevate was conceived in response to the unique need for insights expressed by GlobalCollect’s clients, and developed in close cooperation with GlobalCollect’s Customer Advisory Board (GCAB). With Elevate, GlobalCollect merchants can now apply visualization and advanced data analytics to their unstructured payments data, transforming it into a rich source of strategic insights that help optimize their online business and drive sales.
Recently, I had written an article about the Payments Industry and Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games (MMORPG). This included some interesting data and trends gathered by GlobalCollect. The MMORPG community has grown into a formidable force and will continue in that manner according to their report. GlobalCollect had published the report on the MMORPG market in July 2013, highlighting payments and trends.The research is based on GlobalCollect’s extensive gaming transaction data. It also includes data from Newzoo, an international gaming market research firm. The data covers millions of transactions per quarter and represents more than 170 countries.