On 24th April 2014, Leading global provider of onboard retail and payment technology solutions, GuestLogix Inc., announced the availability of its core transaction processing technologies along with its global portfolio of 82 payment and operational certifications, as a cloud-based solution to more easily enable travel operators to transact ancillary services at all travel touch points.
At the moment, the Company's Global Payment Gateway (GPG) and PCI-certified Transaction Processing Engine (TPE) support ancillary revenue programs of over 80 travel operators and handle payments across 114 countries. This new cloud-based payment processing model will help ensure that airlines, airports as well as other operators within the travel segment, are able to process payments in a secure and compliant manner at all access points, says the company. This includes within mobile applications, on the web, at kiosks as well as on handheld POS devices.
- CUTP is a shared payment processing standard that will enable global travel operators to manage all ancillary-related payments under the same worldwide guidelines which align to payment standards globally, says the company.
- According to them, CUTP helps airlines and other travel operators avoid having to integrate with differing payment solutions to manage and control ancillary revenue payments globally.
- GuestLogix currently provides its TPE to more than 80 travel operators through local deployments on various hardware platforms.
- By making its PCI-compliant TPE, GPG, and 82 associated Global Certifications available in the cloud, it will enable its current and future partners and users to easily integrate these payment technologies into any access points via secure APIs.
- This unified payment processing model protects travel operators from the evolving certification standards and enables them to tap into required payment functionality in one country that they may not require in another, says the company.
- As an example, a US-based travel operator can now use the same complete transaction processing service at a kiosk in New York that may only require magnetic swipe transactions, at a kiosk they deploy in the UK that requires Chip & PIN transactions or at a kiosk they deploy in Shanghai that requires acceptance of China Union Pay transactions.
"As ancillary products and services continue to be a vital business component at virtually every touch point where travel operators connect with their passengers, there is an intensifying need to ensure consistency of payment compliance and security within each access point," said President & CEO of GuestLogix, said Brett Proud. "Common Use Transaction Processing ensures that all travel operators operate within the same payment industry standards across the globe. We are proud that the core components of GuestLogix' payment solutions are now available in a cloud-based model for any travel operator or ancillary provider to link to for rapid implementation," he added.
"It has become commonplace in the travel market to have different business units within each operator using different payment technologies to support each of their ancillary access points. We are thrilled to see CUTP come to light in order to drive much more consistency in the security and availability of global transaction processing at all touch points," said EVP Global Sales & Product Strategy, Ilia Kostov. "We are proud to be in the best position to provide this service, given that we currently support transactions in 114 different countries and our global payment processing technologies are now fully available through cloud-based services."