On 30th March 2014, Marcus Theatres – a division of Marcus Corp. – launched a new customer loyalty program called Magical Movie Rewards. Marcus Theatres released this user-friendly program across its 55-theatre network and is already making a statement by exceeding 215,000 members in just a single month.
“Thousands of customers are registering each day to become Magical Movie Rewards members. We are pleased with this overwhelming response,” said president and CEO of Marcus Theatres, Rolando B. Rodriguez, in a press release. “We are excited to continue offering guests memorable entertainment experiences at our theatres,” he added.
- Guests can register for the loyalty program by Selecting Magical Movie Rewards using the Marcus Theatres mobile app downloadable at the App Store and Google Play.
- They can also register by getting a card at the box office and registering online.
- It’s simple to become a member of the Magical Movie Rewards program. Just pick up and register a Magical Movie Rewards card at a participating Marcus Theatres® location and present it every time you buy movie tickets or concession items.
- Your points will begin to accumulate the first time you use your Magical Movie Rewards card but you will not receive any awards or other benefits of the program until you register your card.
- Reward Dollars will remain on your card and can be redeemed after your card is registered.
- The Magical Movie Rewards loyalty program enables members to earn points as well as access special offers.
- For every dollar spent, the user obtains 1 point and for every 100 points, the he receives rewards worth of $5.
- The rewards are then redeemable the box office or at concessions. They can also be exchanged at the numerous Marcus Theatres’ food and beverage venues.
- These include Take Five Lounges with full-service bars and chef-inspired menus, Big Screen Bistros which provide in-theatre guest dining, plus Zaffiro’s restaurants and Zaffiro’s Express outlets with Thincredible pizzas – and many more.
Members of the loyalty program receive other valuable rewards to add to the overall entertainment experience including:
Ticketing and Screening Opportunities: Magical Movie Rewards members are given exclusive advance ticketing opportunities and member-only screenings.
No Fees for Online or Mobile Ticketing: By just becoming a member loyalty card members avoid any ticketing fees that traditionally come with online or mobile purchases.
Concession Offers: Members receive free popcorn on $5 Tuesdays and free refills on fountain drinks every day. In addition, customers receive targeted offers on various concession purchases.
Marcus Magic Surprises: Random loyalty members are set to receive promotional surprises in-theatre, online or by phone.
This One Marcus Magic Surprise is unique to the Marcus Theatres’ loyalty program. Every month, one lucky rewards member will receive a personal call from the CEO of Marcus Theatres, Rolando Rodriguez. The monthly winner in May will be awarded 1,000 points ($50) simply by receiving the call, says the company. Prizes can change over time, in order to encourage continued user involvement.
“At Marcus Theatres, each of our associates takes customer loyalty personally. I look forward to surprising a winner with a new prize each month. It’s another great way for me to connect with our guests,” said Rolando Rodriguez, in the same release. “Plus, we have partnered with Movio, a global leader in data analysis for the cinema industry. Put simply, Movio ensures our offers match the interests of our guests.”
Movio will enable more targeted communication with loyalty members, with its best-in-class data analytics and campaign management platform. The software helps provide insight into customer preferences, attendance habits and general demographics, which helps deliver an enhanced film-going experience to members of Marcus Magical Movie Rewards.