Most of the merchants and business that sell their products or services online, still use PayPal. On 9th April 2014, Australian Payment startup Selz announced the release of a new PayPal app designed mainly for entrepreneurs to sell services, digital or physical products from their website or social network without the requirement of any coding skills.
- According to Selz, 80% of online entrepreneurs surveyed had used PayPal within the last year to take payments online.
- PayPal is currently utilized on more than 342,000 websites.
- Entrepreneurs continue to choose PayPal despite recent innovation in online payments such as Bitcoins and Stripe.
- The Selz PayPal app makes the whole buying process super smooth and easy for customers using either PayPal or credit cards says the company.
- Entrepreneurs can instantly embed a store, a buy now button or widget onto their website or sell via social networks with just a copy and paste of some code.
- The technical hassle of integrating PayPal is absent and no separate PayPal fees is required.
- Users do not even need a PayPal business account first.
“We started Selz as a simple payments alternative to PayPal for entrepreneurs. But we quickly realised that entrepreneurs didn't want to throw PayPal out. They just wanted it to be simpler & have many more features - so that’s what we've done. We decided rather than swim against the tide of what entrepreneurs were asking for, we would make it even easier to use PayPal for non technical entrepreneurs internationally. The option of offering customers the choice of buying using credit cards or PayPal has been one of the most requested features by Selz merchants,” said Selz Founder, Martin Rushe, in a press release. “Our merchants recognise that PayPal is a trusted brand by online shoppers and with 143 million active PayPal users so it’s important they give customers the choice,” he added.