September means school is in session for most regions in North America. “Can I have money for…” lunch, field trips, and after school activities are some of the financial requests bound to be discussed between students and parents throughout the school year.
As parents complete their school supplies shopping list and strive to equip their children with all of the latest technologies to jumpstart the school year, there are school payment services that can help alleviate the annoyance of sending a check or petty cash with a student to bring to school.
MySchoolBucks, MyPaymentsPlus, EZSchoolPay, and MoonClerk are just a few of the school payment solution providers that are designed to make it easier for parents and students to deal with school-related payments, as well as enable school staffers to spend more time educating. The availability of these services is often based on the school district; below is a cheatsheet that highlights some of these school payments systems.
MySchoolBucks helps paying for school expenses online and provides a number of benefits for districts and parents:
- Parents can pay for all school-related expenses including fees, event tickets, field trips, yearbooks and more
- Use reporting tools to track purchases for easy reconciliation
- Easy to setup, easy to use
- Secure payment processing backed by industry standards including PCI (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) and CISP (Cardholder Information Security Program)
- Integrates with most SIS (Student Information System) and financial systems
MyPaymentsPlus offers a one-stop-solution for all school related payments. Free registration gives you 24/7 access to:
- Student cafeteria balances and purchase history
- Prepayments for breakfast/lunch, with auto-pay capability
- Low balance e-mail reminders
- AP exam registration and payment
- On-line open house and orientation
- Summer school registration and payment
- Other fees and activities such as yearbooks, uniforms, field trips and more
EZSchoolPay combines the easy, convenient and secure way to pay for school meals and other school fees:
- Easy - “Simply register and you're ready to go. Already a member? Just sign in!”
- Convenient - “Available anywhere, anytime you have a computer with internet access. Avoid lost checks and trips to school by paying online. We accept payments for school meals and other school fees (as determined by your child's school).”
- Secure - “We take extra caution to be sure your experience with EZSchoolPay is safe. Plus, we never sell, share, or trade our customers' private information.”
MoonClerk’s school payment solutions help schools manage payments for a wide variety of areas that they support, such as:
- Tuition Payments (payment plans and one-time payments)
- School Donations (recurring and one-time)
- Field Trips (installment payments and one-time payments)
There have been a number of productivity-enhancing services, such as for scheduling group activities, etc. in the K-12 segment, directed towards parent volunteers and teachers. This new wave of solutions are focused on the various payments related to school activities, presumably a result of the acceptance options and processing technologies that are now now widely available.