January 18, 2016
The NRF is the world’s largest retail trade association which represents discount & department stores, home goods & specialty stores, main-street merchants, grocers, wholesalers, chain restaurants and Internet retailers from the United States and more than 45 countries.
The NRF's Annual Convention & EXPO earned the nickname "Retail's BIG Show" years ago and the name stuck because it was so appropriate. Today, Retail's BIG Show is the NRF's flagship industry event held annually in New York City. The four-day event offers unparalleled education, collegial networking and an enormous EXPO hall full of technologies and solutions.
Here’s some news from the Retail's BIG Show 2016 convention which is being held between January 17 and 19, 2016, in New York City:
- PartnerTech, an international leader in POS hardware solutions, announced the launch of two next-generation products: the SP-2500 transformable POS touch terminal and the EM-300 mobile enterprise tablet featuring powerful Intel mobile technology.
- Dream Payments ("Dream"), a leading provider of mPOS solutions, announced that it will be unveiling new EMV mPOS business solutions at Retail's BIG Show 2016. Dream provides mobile point-of-sale applications and payment acceptance solutions that allow merchants to manage their businesses conveniently and from anywhere their business goes.
- Following its successful launch of the first and only EMV chip-and-PIN solution available off-the-shelf in Canada, Dream in partnership with Bluebird, will be unveiling its powerful lineup of mPOS applications and devices aimed at mobile retailers and merchants.
- Socket Mobile, Inc., a leading innovator of data capture and delivery solutions for enhanced productivity, announced that it will present and demonstrate new product offerings at the National Retail Federation’s annual Expo. Socket Mobile will present DuraScan, an updated durable line of barcode scanners and DuraCase for its Series 8 Scanners featuring RAM IntelliSkin and GDS Technology. Socket Mobile will also preview the new Socket Mobile TouchPoint platform to show how NFC (near field communication), barcode scanning, and Bluetooth low energy enrich the shopping experience by interacting with the customer's smartphone.
- e-Nabler Corp., the developer of the award-winning eMobilePOS software, announced that it will be demonstrating its turnkey, EMV-ready POS software, featuring a fully integrated customer engagement platform and electronic wallet in a total of nine partner booths at the Retail BIG Show 2016.
- Yesterday, at the convention, HP Inc. announced the HP RP9 Retail System, the first retail point-of-sale (POS) product with key integrated peripherals that are enabled with Intel Data Protection Technology for Transactions (DPT for Transactions). The HP RP9 retail system offers end-to-end protection of payment and non-payment customer data to help retailers of all sizes mitigate risk and robust performance to help them provide an extraordinary customer experience.
- Retailers attending the NRF convention had hundreds of technology brands to evaluate. One way to cut down the chaos is to drop by Direct Source to get an unbiased take on the year’s best hardware, devices and tools. Direct Source takes a consultative approach to uncovering the right technology solutions for retailers, using their goals and objectives, future strategy, pain points and retail initiatives as a guide. With more than 20 years in retail, Direct Source provides unbiased and in-depth product knowledge and reviews for retail technologies, such as POS/payment systems, mobile devices, custom enclosures, scanners, smart and interactive displays, and more.