Yesterday (10th July, 2014), leading global online payment solutions provider - Optimal Payments – announced its partnership with Oink, the award winning payment system focused on teens and families. They will collaborate to offer merchants that utilize the Netbanx payment gateway, an additional payment method for teens and their families, to manage as well as pay their money online, in a seamless manner.
"Partnering with Oink and integrating its services into our NETBANX payment gateway is an exciting addition to the diverse set of alternative payment services we offer our clients," stated COO of Optimal Payments, Danny Chazonoff, in a press release. "We are pleased to offer merchants across the globe, the ability to safely access new customer channels and increase revenue opportunities within the under 21 market, while also helping Oink to expand its reach internationally," he added.
- Oink was previously called Virtual Piggy Inc. and rebranded itself to its current name in December 2013.
- However, Oink continued to employ Virtual Piggy’s award-winning privacy protection protocols, compliant with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”).
- Oink’s payment technology helps teens to manage – with parental supervision – their allowances online, shop safely, and track budgets, thereby providing a “real world” experience to enhance their financial management skills.
- Optimal Payments is a global provider of online payment solutions, trusted by businesses and consumers in over 200 countries and territories.
- Merchants use the NETBANX® platform and services to simplify how they accept credit and debit card, direct-from-bank, and alternative and local payments.
- It enables ecommerce merchants to reach consumers under 21, in a secure, legal and effective manner while remaining compliant with FTC and COPPA regulations, according to the release.
"With over two decades of ecommerce experience, cutting-edge technology, acquirer relationships with Visa and MasterCard in Europe, and global technology partners Optimal Payments is truly a leading online payment solutions provider," said Dr. Jo Webber, CEO & founder, Oink. "We are excited to be partnering with the online payments expert in order to offer our award-winning payment technology for families and teens to merchants around the world."
On 17th March 2014, Oink partnered with European Games Group AG to provide a safe and seamless payment technology for their games. This includes games such as the popular Hero Zero, and enables their entire user base of 16 Million. European Games Group is a worldwide distribution and commercialization partner for independent game developers, providing the cash and manpower necessary to scale up games in all relevant markets.
On 7th July 2014, Optimal Payments announced that it had become the official sponsor of Crystal Palace for the 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons of the English Premiere League. The company will utilize the platform to raise the global awareness of its award-winning NETELLER service and Net+® Card stored-value offering.