On 30th April 2014, Global provider of NFC and cashless payments solutions - On Track Innovation (OTI) – announced the expansion of capabilities of the 84 Transit ticket vending machines for the Mazovia Railway System in Poland. These are operated by OTI’s electronic ticket systems subsidiary, ASEC S.A.
“The intuitive touch-screen interface of our ticket vending machines combined with an oti NFC reader makes the card reloading process extremely quick, easy and secure,” said ASEC President, Anat Arazi. “This new capability also enhances the overall experience of using Mazovia Railway System by making life easier for busy travelers and commuters,” he added.
- Currently, prepaid cards issued by Heyah, T-Mobile, Play, Plus, NJU Mobile, Lycamobile as well as Orange are supported.
- The equipment accepts traditional credit/debit card as well as cash payments.
- It will also support oti’s new WAVE device that enables any mobile device to become NFC-capable.
- Over the last year, the ASEC automated ticketing network has enabled more than 62 million trips on the Mazovia Railway, says the company.
- The network and railway span approximately 38,000 square miles in Poland, from Radom in the south to Dzialdowo in the north, and from Siedlce in the east up to Kutno in the west, with the city of Warsaw as the central hub.
- ASEC’s ticket vending machines can be used 24×7 and are located in highly trafficked railway stations or stops.
- epay Poland, a division of Euronet Worldwide, is facilitating the sale of the transaction.
“The convenient locations and easy use of these machines supported our decision to cooperate with ASEC and provide services in its favor,” said Barbara Szewc, marketing manager, epay Poland.
“This added convenience for ASEC ticketing customers also represents another revenue stream from these ticketing terminals, as well as potentially from other NFC-enabled vending applications,” said Ofer Tziperman, CEO of OTI.