The payments market has been witnessing many innovations and uncertainties especially in terms of current mobile revolution. Merchants and value chain players are facing challenges in adopting current standards and require focused capabilities. This is bringing in opportunity for new players to target the emerging market with their specialized services. PayCube has been one such company bringing in substantial value to payments domain through IT outsourcing activities.
PayCube builds core payment processing platforms for retail-payments community. It has been involved in some custom software development projects for core payment backend systems like gateways and authorization systems. In the area of mobile payments, PayCube has been into design, development and support projects adding core enterprise payment, loyalty and promotion capabilities to mobile channel. It has leveraged the use of frameworks like PhoneGap, Sencha Touch, JQuery mobile, jQT etc. in building cross platform HTML5 based apps.
The app development projects extend across popular mobile platforms like Android, iOS and Windows. These projects bring capabilities like core gateway and card processing to mobile devices along with loyalty, real-time promotions and couponing features. Some advanced features incorporated include LBS (location based services), credentials stored as QR code, support for audio jack card readers and communication with 3rd party POS systems. PayCube’s services majorly comprise of IT strategy, consulting, custom software development and support services.
“PayCube brings a 360 degree view of cross channel payments and technology neutral capabilities. We are seeing a latent demand from the ISO community in trying to move from the realms of cost based processing to value based processing. Pure play and emerging ISOs who are new to technology, find it synergistic to partner with a payments focused technology firm like PayCube to help them through this process and become a partner to grow with”, says Mustafa Shehabi, CoFounder of PayCube, Inc.
PayCube’s customer segment comprises of:
- Processors, Gateways and ISOs
- Startups, Independent Software Vendors and Product Vendors involved in payment integration
- Retail: Brick & Mortar and ecommerce
- Loyalty Processors and Program Managers
- Promotion processors and aggregators
- Card Issuers and Program managers
PayCube provides Payment Consulting service pertaining to 3 clear engagement points:
- Technology Strategy: here, the company assists in creating roadmap for payment related technology infrastructure setup.
- Functional and Non-functional Requirements: here, the company assures that project requirements are fully vetted against the technical realities.
- Project and Program Planning
PayCube’s application development practices include varied and extensive capabilities. Development is focused towards end to end solutions or add-ons to existing solutions. The segments and areas covered include:
- Mobile Applications
- Device Applications
- Transaction Acquiring Applications
- Authorization Applications
- Settlement & Business Intelligence
- Loyalty Applications
- Promotion Managements
- Social Media
The company’s development technology capabilities include an array of Development tools, application servers, standards, databases and peripherals.
PayCube presents quite an extensive engagement model based on following key touchpoints:
- Onsite and offsite engagement for strategy and deployment
- Blended onsite/offsite engagements for application build outs
- Complete offshore low-touch engagements
- Staff augmentation and contingent workforce
The following exhibit shows the model in elaboration:
PayCube is headquartered in San Francisco, USA and has development capabilities in India.