On 15th May 2014, Reinvention Point of Sale Solutions, announced their partnership with mobile loyalty and payments platform – LevelUp – which utilizes QR code technology to perform mobile transactions through smartphones. LevelUp says that the flexibility of their mobile app enables for integration with a range of solutions from Quick service to full service fine dining.
LevelUp, a subsidiary of SCVNGR, is a growing company in the mobile payment space with investment of $9 M in the second round of funding from T-Venture, the venture capital arm of Deutsche Telecom. Other investors included Google ventures, Highland capital and Balderton capital and LevelUp has raised a total of $48.5 M in capital so far. LevelUp offers a white label payment application, which allows the retailers, banks and processors a mobile wallet and payment platform.
- The LevelUp mobile app, is free for users to download and is available for both iOS as well as Android devices.
- It enables registered users to securely link their debit or credit card to a unique QR code displayed within the app.
- This enables users to pay at the POS terminal by scanning the QR code on their phone
- On doing this, a few seconds later the user receives a digital receipt confirming his payment.
- LevelUp says its products fill a demand that will only continue to increase in the future.
- The combined offerings of Revention and LevelUp could provide industry owner/operators with a tool that is both powerful as well as cutting edge.
"Over one and a half million consumers are already paying with LevelUp at 14,000 locations across the country," stated the CTO of LevelUp, Harald Prokop, in a press release. "We are excited about the partnership with Revention to provide merchants a seamless integrated solution to to save on processing, grow revenues, and to learn more about their customers."