Yesterday (July 28, 2014), Sage North America, a leading provider of business-management software and services to small and midsized companies in Canada, announced a strategic alliance with Moneris Solutions, Canada’s largest debit- and credit-card processor.
"Recent studies indicate that Canadians prefer the convenience of paying by credit or debit, and businesses that accept credit cards can increase their revenue by up to 23 per cent," stated Nancy Harris, Sage North America’s senior vice president and general manager, in a press release. "However, increased payments can result in more back-end work for businesses. Sage understands these challenges, and partnering with an industry leader, such as Moneris, allows us to help simplify their payments workflow and save them time.”
- This partnership seeks to enable Canadian businesses to streamline their payment processes, freeing up precious time to focus on what they do best: expanding their business.
- Sage and Moneris say they will deliver an integrated payment solution that will seamlessly connect Sage accounting and enterprise resource planning (ERP) applications.
- This includes Sage 50 Accounting-Canadian Edition, Sage 300 ERP and payment-processing technology from Moneris.
- The new integrated solution will benefit from Moneris' secure payment solutions, which help merchants minimize direct access to card data, the company says.
- Throughout 2015 additional features of the Sage and Moneris integrated payment solution will be delivered.
- This includes the integration with Sage Exchange, a payment-management system designed to simplify the way businesses manage their payment processes.
- The integration with Sage Exchange will enable businesses to manage payments from several sales environments – online, mobile, over the phone or at their storefront -- via a single platform and sign-in, the company says.
- A real-time consolidated view of all payments, integrated with an accounting or ERP solution, will help businesses eliminate double entry of data, improve records accuracy and reduce reconciliation time.
“We recognize that merchants need integrated business management solutions," said Jeff Guthrie, chief sales officer at Moneris, in the same release. "In partnering with Sage, we are able to leverage Moneris’ multifunctional payment processing application and sophisticated business software from Sage to deliver a powerful value-added solution to merchants.”
About Moneris Solutions
As one of North America's largest providers of payment-processing solutions, Moneris Solutions offers credit, debit, wireless and online payment services for merchants in virtually every industry segment and processes more than 3 billion transactions annually. Moneris offers electronic loyalty and stored-value gift-card programs. With more than 350,000 merchant locations, Moneris provides the hardware, software and systems needed to improve business efficiency and manage payments. For more information, visit www.moneris.com.
About the Sage Group
Sage provides small and medium-sized organizations with a range of easy-to-use, secure and efficient business-management software and services–from accounting and payroll to enterprise resource planning, customer-relationship management and payments. Sage customers receive continuous advice and support through the company’s global network of local experts. Formed in 1981, Sage was floated on the London Stock Exchange in 1989 and entered the FTSE 100 in 1999. Sage has over 6 million customers and more than 12,700 employees in 24 countries, covering the UK & Ireland, mainland Europe, North America, South Africa, Australia, Asia and Brazil.