On 18th June 2014, leader in connecting local businesses, community financial institutions and consumers via rewards – Buzz Points – announced that it had been chosen by SageLink Credit Union to utilize its merchant funded loyalty program.
SageLink is a financial institution headquartered in Durand Michigan with branches throughout Genesee and Shiawasse counties.
Buzz Points is free and allows credit union members to earn rewards while supporting the local economy by using their debit cards for everyday shopping.
"As a former small business owner I understand the competitive challenges that our local businesses face and the limitations of a small marketing budget. This area of Michigan has suffered greatly from a loss of manufacturing jobs coupled with the mortgage crisis, but we are coming back,” stated VP of Marketing for SageLink Credit Union, Laura Sorensen, in a press release. “Buzz Points gives SageLink the ability to help the local economy by offering our members a unique buy local, spend local debit rewards program that keeps money in the communities where they live and work while giving small businesses access to the same sophisticated marketing tools used by the national chains and online retailers," she added.
- Buzz Points says that it is the only merchant-funded rewards platform that works with community financial institutions and local businesses to engage mutual customers.
- Credit union members can earn points by using their debit cards whenever they shop.
- However, they can earn more points for local shopping and the most points for shopping with local businesses enrolled in the program.
- Buzz Points creates additional revenue for financial institutions and enables local businesses with a turnkey marketing solution.
- It also provides the data analysis and targeted marketing technologies they need to expand their market reach, attract new business as well as increase the loyalty of existing customers.
- Participants in the free program earn points automatically via debit card purchases.
- These can be redeemed easily for gift cards, cash cards and donations to local non-profits using the Buzz Points web interface or mobile app.
- A continually expanding network of 30,000+ local businesses nationwide enables cardholders to shop locally, accumulate points as well as redeem rewards wherever they are.
"SageLink has continued to innovate and grow over the last 79 years. At the same time, they have built a reputation for community service through their involvement with dozens of local organizations,” commented the CEO of Buzz Points, Jay Valanju, in the same release. Buzz Points supports SageLink's mission of offering personalized experiences and innovative technologies by giving their members a rewards programs that can help reinvigorate the local economy."