Swedish mobile payments provider Seamless is on a roll. In December 2013, the company had partnered with Swedish pharmacy chain Apotek Hjartat to help integrate its mobile wallet solution at the chain stores. In March this year, McDonald’s Sweden integrated the mobile wallet solution based on Seamless’s SEQR solution.
Today (27th May, 2014), Seamless announced that SEQR would be going live in at Finland’s largest hamburger chain, Hesburger. With this, customers canpay for their burger with their smartphone, connect their loyalty card as well as redeem offers via theSEQR app.
We are very excited about Hesburger, being one of Finland's most respected brands have chosen SEQR when introducing mobile payments. Being able to offer a complete solution plays a strategically important role for our international expansion that provides SEQR,” stated CEO of Seamless, Peter Fredell, in a press release. “The guests have already found their way to the mobile, and so we become a natural part of the shopping experience with payment, offers and connection to loyalty programs through one single app,” he added.
- This collaboration between Hesburger and Seamless was agreed upon and signed, in November 2013.
- SEQR is now live in three countries.
- There are 280 Hesburger restaurants in Finland and SEQR is being launched in 120 of their own restaurants run by Burger In-Oy.
- The company says that the plan is to have SEQR rolled out to all franchise restaurants by the end of 2014.
"We are continuously looking for way to expedite and further enhance our customers Hesburger experience. When choosing the partner for mobile payments, we wanted to work with the industry leader. In addition to mobile payments we wanted to include our Bonusklubi loyalty program into one app as well as inform our customers on our offers with it,” stated the Executive VP of Hesburger, Jari Vuoti. “SEQR offer versatile, true tested mobile payment solution,"he added.
SEQR for Windows
- Finland is the first country to have access to SEQR for Windows Phone.
- In connection with the launch in Finland today, the company has made SEQR available for download (in Finland) for anybody with a Windows Phone 8.
- SEQR is already available at Google Play as well as App Store.
- The launch of SEQR for Windows Phone in Sweden is planned for summer, this year.
“Through SEQR we want to make everyday life a bit easier for both merchants and consumers,” stated Fredell, in the same release. “Our ambition is to reach as many users as possible and with so many Windows Phone users in Finland it was only a natural step to develop SEQR for Windows making it available from day one.”
This video gives you an overview:
- According to Seamless, SEQR is the only mobile payment solution on the Swedish market that allows consumers to pay in stores and online.
- SEQR enables anybody with a smartphone to pay in stores, at restaurants, parking lots and online, transfer money at no charge, store receipts digitally and receive offers and promotions directly through one mobile app.
- Through the SEQR-app, the user scans a QR-code (or taps incase of NFC) and confirms with a personal pin-code.
- No information is sent between the mobile and the cashier which makes SEQR safer as a method of payment compared to cash or cards.
- Seamless says that its solution is Fast, smooth and safe.
- SEQR’s payment solution allows merchants to lower interchange fees significantly compared to those charged by traditional card companies.
- New Features were recently added to SEQR’s all in one solution. Users can now skip another card and connect merchants loyalty programs directly to the SEQR app.
- This is in addition to paying online/ in stores, make peer to peer transfers, redeem offers, save digital receipts, donate to charity and paying for parking.
Seamless was Founded in 2001 and is active in 30 countries. The company handles more than 3.1 Bn transactions every year through 525,000 active sales outlets. SEQR has seen wide adoption and is available at Sweden’s biggest grocery chains, fast food chains and national retailer chains including Apotek Hjartat, Ur&Penn & Hemköp.