Global innovator of secure mobile payment technologies, Swiff, recently launched a new mobile payment service with AEON Thana Sinsap (Thailand) Public Company Ltd. and McDonald's for McDelivery 1711. With this new mobile Point of Sale (mPOS) solution, McDelivery 1711 enables their customers to pay by credit card utilizing smartphone from wherever they make their orders.
"Since the launch of AEON Easy Pay built on Swiff's mPOS platform last August, we have seen a growing number of consumers show preference for mobile payments. We are pleased that McDonald's is introducing the first mobile credit card payment solution for their popular McDelivery 1711,” said AEON Thana Sinsap’s MD, Yasuhiko Kondo. “Our goal is to become one of Thailand's major players for mobile point of sales services and our partnership with McDonald's is the latest step in our journey,” he added.
- According to the company, this is the first time in Thailand for a global quick service restaurant chain to use mPOS when they deliver the orders to customers' doorstep.
- Swiff mPOS platform was selected for being secure, effective and complying to PCI standards.
- This initiative with AEON and McDonald's demonstrates that Swiff's solutions can meet the needs of transactions processed 24 hours a day with multiple transactions at any time and at different locations.
- Swiff's innovative technology enables secure and patent-pending 2-Factor Authentication.
- This in turn permits user authorization, mobile tracking as well as fraud prevention.
- Swiff suite of solutions is EMV Level 2 certified and accommodates Chip & Sign, Chip & Pin and Swipe & Sign payment methods.
- Swiff says its mPOS is an affordable and easy way to accept credit card payments using mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
"McDonald's priority is to respond to the demands of diverse customer lifestyles and to deliver food and services conveniently and at great value anytime, anywhere. We are proud to serve our customers with the first credit card payment method for McDelivery 1711, AEON Easy Pay mPOS Service,” said MD of McThai Co., Ltd, Petcharat Uthaisang. “With this new channel of payment, we are anticipating that cashless payments will grow 10-20% and our McDelivery 1711 will increase by 30%,” she added.
Home-delivery services across the globe face increasing demands to accept card payments instead of cash. "The payment industry is continuously looking for options to address the need to replace cash on delivery,” said Mr. Suvicha Nalita, Country Manager Thailand for Swiff. “With our technology, companies can enhance mobility, payments, convenience and productivity improvements in their infrastructure and operations. We are proud to be the selected partner for McDonald's and AEON in Thailand. Swiff will continue to work with industry leaders to provide mobile payment solutions in both emerging and mature markets."