Tradelink electronic commerce announced the launch of its cross border mobile e-Wallet which provides universal plugin solution that turns Smartphone or tablet into mobile payment devices.
Tradelink Electronic Commerce Ltd. was established in 1998 as a join venture between key players (2 of the largest banks in Hong Kong, an air cargo terminal operator, and some important trade associates) in Hong Kong’s trading sector. Currently, TAL Apparel Ltd. is the company’s largest shareholder. Tradelink has also been appointed by the government of Hong Kong to continue offering its Government Electronic Trading Services (GETS) until 2016.
Tradelink mobile wallet will be adopted by Joint Electronic Teller service (“JETCO”) Member bank in Hong kong. The mobile wallet is the first product branded under Tradelink E-Biz secure solutions, a subsidiary of Tradelink, to develop products and solutions for security and authenticity of online transactions.
Features of the wallet:
- Tradelink’s mobile e-wallet uses an external device that connects to a Smartphone Or Tablet via audio jack.
- This is irrespective of mobile devices capability of supporting the method of payment or not.
- Tradelink e-wallet s gives the user multiple payment Options including credit cards (eg MasterCard,Visa and UnionPay), prepaid cards, E-cash/vouchers, coupons etc, to replace the different payment methods carried in one wallet.
- The wallet allows users to apply e-signatures to ensure the security of their electronic transactions such as government services, mobile banking
- Services and e-check issuance, by the use of digital certificates that can be implanted into the e-wallet.
Tradelink e-wallet acts as one stop payment solutions for merchant and consumers. It gives the user multiple payment options by ensuring security aspects into consideration which makes e-wallet user friendly and flexible among users. Tradelink stated that the device would support data of upto 6 credit cards, such as UnionPay , Visa and MasterCard as well as prepaid cards and e-vouchers.
Tradelink was incorporated in the year 1988 as a joint venture between the Hong Kong SAR Government and private sector shareholders, is a leading provider of trade related electronic services for Hong kong and international business communities.
Tradelink had recently partnered with OTI for its Wave Technology device. This enables bank customers whose smartphones do not have built in NFC technology to perform contactless payment transactions.