January 31, 2016
COLUMBUS, Ga.- [Press Release] -TSYS (NYSE: TSS) reported results for the 2015 fourth quarter and full year.
We were especially pleased with our operational performance and 12.9% revenue growth in the fourth quarter. Our full year financial results for 2015 were outstanding and they marked the third year in a row of double digit growth in revenues, adjusted operating income and adjusted earnings per share, said M. Troy Woods, chairman, president and chief executive officer of TSYS.
We repurchased 3.0 million shares of our stock in the fourth quarter for $158.6 million, bringing the total for the year to 5.2 million shares for $242.1 million. Including our dividends of $73.7 million, we returned $315.8 million to our shareholders, which was in excess of 92% of available free cash flow for the year and an increase of 31.5% over 2014, said Woods.
Highlights for the full year of 2015 include:
- Adjusted EPS from continuing operations were $2.46, an increase of 25.5%. On a GAAP basis, basic EPS from continuing operations were $1.97, an increase of 33.3%.
- Excluding the impact from discrete tax items of approximately $0.13 per share full year, adjusted EPS was $2.33, an increase of 19.0%.
- Income from continuing operations attributable to TSYS’ shareholders was $362.6 million, an increase of 31.8%.
- Adjusted EBITDA was $833.9 million, an increase of 17.1%.
- Total revenues were $2.8 billion, an increase of 13.6%. Revenues before reimbursable items were $2.5 billion, an increase of 14.0%.
- Adjusted operating margin was 26.7%. GAAP operating margin was 19.2%.
Highlights for the fourth quarter of 2015 include:
- Adjusted EPS from continuing operations were $0.57, a decrease of 1.6%. On a GAAP basis, basic EPS from continuing operations were $0.44, a decrease of 1.2%.
- Income from continuing operations attributable to TSYS’ shareholders was $81.4 million, a decrease of 2.1%.
- Adjusted EBITDA was $195.0 million, an increase of 0.7%.
- Total revenues for the quarter were $716.8 million, an increase of 12.9%. Revenues before reimbursable items were $645.1 million, an increase of 13.3%.
- Adjusted operating margin was 23.4%. GAAP operating margin was 16.4%.
Our guidance for 2016 includes revenue growth in all four of our segments as we continue to expect broad based performance gains in our business, said Woods.
TSYS to Acquire TransFirst
TSYS also announced today that it has entered into a definitive agreement with Vista Equity Partners to acquire TransFirst, a Vista portfolio company and a leading U.S. merchant solutions provider, in an all-cash transaction valued at approximately $2.35 billion. Please refer to the separate press release issued by TSYS today for additional details regarding the transaction.
TSYS will host its quarterly conference call at 5:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 26. The conference call can be accessed via simultaneous Internet broadcast at tsys.com by clicking on the link under "Webcasts" on the main homepage. The replay will be archived for 12 months and will be available approximately 30 minutes after the completion of the call. A slide presentation to accompany the call will be available by clicking on the link under "Webcasts" on the main homepage of tsys.com.
This press release contains information prepared in conformity with GAAP as well as non-GAAP information. It is management’s intent to provide non-GAAP financial information to enhance understanding of its consolidated financial information as prepared in accordance with GAAP. This non-GAAP information should be considered by the reader in addition to, but not instead of, the financial statements prepared in accordance with GAAP. Each non-GAAP financial measure and the most directly comparable GAAP financial measure are presented so as not to imply that more emphasis should be placed on the non-GAAP measure. The non-GAAP financial information presented may be determined or calculated differently by other companies.
Additional information about non-GAAP financial measures, including, but not limited to, adjusted EBITDA and adjusted EPS, and a reconciliation of those measures to the most directly comparable GAAP measures are included on pages 10 to 13 of this release.
At TSYS® (NYSE: TSS), we believe payments should revolve around people, not the other way around. We call this belief People-Centered Payments®. By putting people at the center of every decision we make, TSYS supports financial institutions, businesses and governments in more than 80 countries. Through NetSpend®, A TSYS Company, we empower consumers with the convenience, security, and freedom to be self-banked. TSYS offers issuer services and merchant payment acceptance for credit, debit, prepaid, healthcare and business solutions.
TSYS’ headquarters are located in Columbus, Ga., U.S.A., with local offices spread across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. TSYS is a member of The Civic 50 and has been named one of the 2015 World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere magazine. TSYS routinely posts all important information on its website. For more, please visit.