Currently, companies from multiple industries are vying for a slice of the rapidly growing mobile commerce market. On one end of the spectrum, we have large Retailer/Merchants such as Starbucks and Wal-Mart driving sales through the mobile channel. Mobile carriers such as AT&T and T-Mobile are using the mobile channel to provide mPayments and wallets to consumers. Respectively, technology firms such as PayPal and some start-ups are improving the scope of their mobile wallets. Banks and FIs are other players in the ecosystem providing m-banking and utility bill payment facility through the mobile channel who are also looking at m-commerce seriously.
In 2015, mobile payments in U.S. are expected to grow significantly, along with a corresponding increase in mobile commerce. Gartner, Inc. predicts that by 2017, U.S. customers' mobile engagement behavior will drive mobile commerce revenue in the U.S. to 50% of U.S. digital commerce revenue. A recent Gartner survey found that mobile commerce currently generates 22% of digital commerce revenue.
Key questions the report answers:
- How is the consumer buying process in the U.S.?
- What are the factors that influence U.S. consumers’ buying decisions?
- Will Mobile Commerce shoppers use more tablets than smartphone for buying their products?
- What are the factors which a consumer looks for when he/she is doing mobile commerce?
- What is the recipe of M-commerce success? Does combining mobile based product information, enabling payment and loyalty services solve the problem?
This report covers the whole consumer buying process, starting from the initial exposure to a product/service, to the actual close of sale. At many stages, the consumer may or may not use the online channel.
Scope of the Study
How U.S. Consumers Conduct Mobile Commerce - Strategic Implication for Retailers and Merchants
- U.S. Consumer Side Analysis
Overview of Consumer Buying Process
Consumer Buying Decision - Influencing Factors
Consumer Buying Process
Stimuli: Channels Generating Sale
Explore: On Retailer Web
Explore: Activities Undertaken
Explore: By Product Category
Evidence: When In-store
- Recommendations for Retailers and Merchants
- Key Profiles (Mcommerce strategies of major players)
This report is invaluable for retailers using pure play online commerce as well as those utilizing both online and offline channels. It is also designed to help technology enablers and financial companies who facilitate online mobile transactions by providing consumers with a seamless, secure, and convenient shopping experience.
Consumers Experience with MCommerce on Mobile
Things Where Merchants Need To Focus