Yesterday (3rd June, 2014), Leading online cash payment provider – Ukash – was presented with the prestigious award for Best Unbanked Prepaid Card, at the 2014 prepaid365 Awards. The company took away the victory for its Ukash Prepaid MasterCard, and was also awarded the second place in the Best Gaming Prepaid Card category.
“The Ukash Prepaid MasterCard was developed with the unbanked members of society at the heart of the proposition. Many people rely on cash as their main form of currency, but there are many aspects of society that are out of reach if someone doesn’t have a bank account or credit card,” stated the Marketing Director of Ukash, Miranda McLean, in a press release. “We aim to change that social exclusion and open up opportunities that are usually only available for people who have access to traditional forms of credit,” she added.
- The Prepaid365 Awards are the UK’s leading consumer Prepaid Card Awards wherein votes are cast by consumers.
- For the 2014 awards, more than 574,000 survey responses were collected and analyzed to identify this year’s winners, according to the release.
“To pick up Best Unbanked Prepaid Card the Prepaid365 Awards says a lot about the value consumers place on the Ukash Prepaid MasterCard. We are very proud to be recognised as the Best Unbanked Prepaid Card provider at the Prepaid365 Awards 2014. The win is all the more meaningful because, being based on the votes of consumers, we believe it demonstrates the real value of our proposition. The overriding aim of Ukash is to enable social and financial inclusion for those who either cannot access conventional banking services or do not wish to share their personal details online and the Prepaid365 Award reflects our success in achieving that goal,” added Ms McLean.
“The Ukash Prepaid MasterCard is designed for consumers who are excluded from mainstream banking and credit,” commented CEO and Sr Prepaid Consultant at Prepaid365, Amit Sharma, in the same release. “Available in 4 currencies to residents of 29 countries, the Ukash prepaid card has received consumer recognition across different sectors as varied as alternative banking and online gaming demonstrating the strength and flexibility of the Ukash prepaid proposition across various niches and extends Ukash’s world class innovation, service and brand values across the prepaid payments arena.”
On 27th May 2014, Ukash announced that it is extending its partnership with loading and top-up website, beCharge. With this move, British shoppers for the first time, can buy Ukash online, which can then be utilizedd to buy Ukash voucher codes for e-commerce and gaming transactions as well as top up the Ukash Prepaid MasterCard.
- Ukash and beCharge have been working together in Spain, Belgium, France, Luxembourg and Netherlands for several years already.
- The addition of the UK reflects the continued focus of Ukash to enable social inclusion for consumers, says the company.
- Ukash basically allows cash consumers to shop online seamlessly whilst protecting their personal identity as well as financial information while purchasing anything online.
- According to the company, shopping with Ukash reduces the threat of debit and credit card fraud for users.
About the Company:
Ukash is the global online cash payment provider and internationally recognised e-commerce cash payment method that allows consumers around the world to use cash to shop, pay and play online safely, securely and conveniently. Ukash has no age limit, so consumers of all ages can make the most of safe payment online. Established in 2001 Ukash says that it has grown to more than 460,000 physical points of purchase, and is available in over 50 countries around the world in 6 continents.