On 7th July 2014, ID Tech, a leading manufacturer of automated-data-entry, mobile-payment, point-of-sale, and secure payment devices, announced the release of its contactless NFC, contact EMV and MagStripe all-in-one payment terminal, the ViVOpay Vend III.
“The Vend III combines our three core strengths of magnetic stripe, smart card, and contactless technologies,” said Bill Rorick, ID Tech’s vice president of product management and marketing, in a press release. “It also expands our growing contactless product line, where we have been the market leader since combining our standard ID TECH line with our new line of ViVOpay products.”
- ID Tech says it has the largest installed base of contactless readers in the world, after acquiring the ViVOpay line of products a couple of years back.
- According to ID Tech, the ViVOpay Vend III provides vending-machine operators, kiosks, drive-throughs, and other payment functions with an integrated device, that enables smart-card and MagStripe-card payments as well as contactless payments.
- Users can just swipe a MagStripe card, insert a chip card, or tap their contactless cards, key fobs, and NFC mobile phones with the ViVOpay Vend III to complete transactions seamlessly.
- The user is guided through the payment process by an integrated, high-contrast graphic display, the release states.
- The ViVOpay Vend III supports multiple contactless cards, such as the MasterCard PayPass, Visa PayWave, ExpressPay from American Express, and Discover Zip.
- It is capable of Google Wallet and ISIS SmartTap applications, says ID Tech.
- The ViVOpay Vend III further extends its functionality by supporting private-label gift and loyalty cards.
“The Vend III is the latest offering in our successful Vend product family and demonstrates our continued commitment to providing our customers with the latest certifications and features in the contactless, MagStripe, and smart card market,” added Ginger Wu, ID Tech’s ViVOpay product manager, in the same release.